IGNORED

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

TPR

• 1 month later...

So here was another cart I picked up recently...

super kreuzfeurer 1.jpgsuper kreuzfeurer 2.jpgsuper kreuzfeurer 3.jpgsuper kreuzfeurer 4.jpg

The German version of "Super Cross Force." Inside the box was a US version of the cart. Not sure if there ever was a German version or not (NIAD's rarity guide doesn't say for this game like it does for Flipper Slipper) and it didn't come with a manual. Still, sort of a neat version of the game to have!

• Like 4

So here was another cart I picked up recently...

attachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 1.jpgattachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 2.jpgattachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 3.jpgattachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 4.jpg

The German version of "Super Cross Force." Inside the box was a US version of the cart. Not sure if there ever was a German version or not (NIAD's rarity guide doesn't say for this game like it does for Flipper Slipper) and it didn't come with a manual. Still, sort of a neat version of the game to have!

Until recently, I owned the German version of Flipper Slipper and provided NIAD with the info about my copy. It too came with a US cartridge like your Super Cross Force, but it did also come with a full colour German manual. I photographed the box and scanned the manual before I sold it but haven't cleaned the manual scans up. Here are a few images anyway.

post-5757-0-36126400-1502196429_thumb.jpg post-5757-0-76825500-1502196274_thumb.png post-5757-0-21689200-1502196277_thumb.png

• Like 4

So last night I was looking for some old photos of Walt Disney World and ended up coming across two pictures of me in my office at Virgin Games in the early 1990s. You can clearly see what system I am showcasing in these photos and it just reminds me of how long I've been collecting for this system!

Sadly everything you see in these photos I sold when I flip-flopped from working on the west coast to the east coast (I took all my collection with me including about 30 arcade machines) and then back to the west coast again (by this point I was jaded and "checked out" with the games business and sold it all) and I didn't start collecting again until about a couple of years ago. The very first post in this thread has the whole story....

Here I am proudly holding up the crown jewel of my collection and the system I would continue to be most interested in from childhood until today!

virgin games holding a colecovision.jpg

This would apparently be me... um... biting a ColecoVision controller. I'm not sure why, but if kids these days can be licking Nintendo Switch cartridges, why can't I bite a ColecoVision controller? :P

robb eating colecovision virgin office_adjusted.jpg

Part of me is sad to look at some of these photos and see the things I had in my collection that I sold. I also had 5 arcade games in this office as well that would have been behind the photographer: Space Invaders Deluxe, Star Castle, Donkey Kong, Tron, and Robotron and my office looked AWESOME with all the lights off and all the glow from the arcade machines. Sad that I have no photos of that at all...

Ahh, those were the days...

• Like 15

Cool pics. Did you take those pics with a 110 camera or something? :) Did you have an Adam computer too?

I don't remember what kind of camera it was. I honestly don't even remember these photos being taken! But I most certainly do remember that office since it was my last one at Virgin and I was in it for a couple of years. I did have an ADAM as well, but it would have been at home.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Look what came in today! This was a custom painted ColecoVision Expansion Module #3 shell painted black to match the original ColecoVision system! It looks AMAZING! Huge thanks to Milli Hicks for this! I love the silver painted Data Drive covers also. The whole thing just looks how the ADAM Expansion Module *SHOULD* have looked from the beginning. I'm not sure if this is something he's going to make more of, but i hope he does because it looks super cool!

On a side note, this was my first time completely taking apart any ADAM hardware other than swapping out drives and it was super fun and easy to do! I think it took me about an hour from start to finish getting everything moved over. I'm sure someone with more experience can do it much quicker, but it wasn't difficult at all.

He also did the keyboard and the controller holder. Now I just need to find some keyboard stickers for the keys. Shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Again, super huge thanks to Milli! This really looks FANTASTIC! GREAT JOB!

black adam 1.jpg

black adam 2.jpg

black adam 3.jpg

black adam 4.jpg

black adam 5.jpg

black adam 6.jpg

black adam 7.jpg

black adam 8.jpg

• Like 7

Millie showed off this black Exp. Mod. #3 Memory Console and Keyboard in the Coleco ADAM Facebook Group and everyone was quite impressed with it as well. The only color choices that I question are the Data Drives and the Keyboard Keys... I think he should have gone all black with those as well.

A great option to use for discolored plastic components.

• Like 2

Millie showed off this black Exp. Mod. #3 Memory Console and Keyboard in the Coleco ADAM Facebook Group and everyone was quite impressed with it as well. The only color choices that I question are the Data Drives and the Keyboard Keys... I think he should have gone all black with those as well.

A great option to use for discolored plastic components.

I see your point with the data drives. Having all one black unit would look cool, too. I like the keys how they are though. As it might look weird to have an all black keyboard, and at least now I'll get the stickers to put on the keys to make them look better. Then again, I do have an all black Dell keyboard and it looks good, too. Still, overall I really like this and think it's most like what the EM #3 should have looked like from the beginning!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been doing some more in depth ColecoVision videos on my Retro Games Fan channel recently and here's a few of them that I've put together. They aren't anything "fancy" but just some down-home videos showing off some of my favorite games or parts of my collection I thought were somewhat cool. Hope the rest of you enjoy as well!

Here's a video for a ColecoVision "classic" we all know and love! (Or I assume most of you love...)

Here's one for a personal favorite homebrew of mine...

And a video on this super cool Coleco-mini conversion that was done to replicate what it might look like if there was a Coleco Mini Arcade Tron!

Thanks for watching!

• Like 4

I've been doing some more in depth ColecoVision videos on my Retro Games Fan channel recently and here's a few of them that I've put together. They aren't anything "fancy" but just some down-home videos showing off some of my favorite games or parts of my collection I thought were somewhat cool. Hope the rest of you enjoy as well!

Here's a video for a ColecoVision "classic" we all know and love! (Or I assume most of you love...)

Here's one for a personal favorite homebrew of mine...

And a video on this super cool Coleco-mini conversion that was done to replicate what it might look like if there was a Coleco Mini Arcade Tron!

Thanks for watching!

Just curious, for Bagman is there continuous background music that you can turn on and off with a switch?

Just curious, for Bagman is there continuous background music that you can turn on and off with a switch?

There is not. The background music plays through once, and then it stops. It only starts up again when you die and get a new life.