TPR

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

All it takes is proper maintenance / refurbishment and the power switch will be good for another decade, if not more, depending on use.

"To each, there own" however. The CollectorVision Phoenix will be a godsend for a lot of people.

True, but a modded original CV would run me what, a hundred plus Cdn? This would cost twice as much but also gives you a lot more. As mentioned those built in homebrews are worth hundreds. That alone makes this trump a real CV IMHO, let alone the other goodies built in.

For me though, as someone who's not a huge CV fan, this would be more up my alley. It's not a system I need the real hardware to enjoy. I would have been fine with just emulation but the Collectorvision has gotten my serious attention.

Edited by AtariLeaf

One of my shelves of more "oddly shaped" ColecoVision and ADAM stuff that I have...

attachicon.gifcolecovision odd shelf small.jpg

Totally remember that box for DK for the ADAM while at a local Canadian Tire way back when...along with the recipe program, that was about all the software I ever saw in the wild for the system (apart from CV carts). These look to be in amazing condition...and didn't know they had two others, wow.

Canadian Tire was where i went too. I got donkey kong junior there. They had a coleco setup too and I played up n down. I remember around 1985 they had a bargin bin full of clearnance colecovision games, all new in the box. I wish I had the money to buy everything in the bin.

Totally remember that box for DK for the ADAM while at a local Canadian Tire way back when...along with the recipe program, that was about all the software I ever saw in the wild for the system (apart from CV carts). These look to be in amazing condition...and didn't know they had two others, wow.

• Like 1

True, but a modded original CV would run me what, a hundred plus Cdn? This would cost twice as much but also gives you a lot more. As mentioned those built in homebrews are worth hundreds. That alone makes this trump a real CV IMHO, let alone the other goodies built in.

NIAD wasn't referring to modding your CV, just opening it up, cleaning/refurbishing the power switch and closing the system back up again. Only cost would be some deoxit and possibly some dielectric grease (the latter is for if you strip down the power switch). It's really not that hard to do.

• Like 1

NIAD wasn't referring to modding your CV, just opening it up, cleaning/refurbishing the power switch and closing the system back up again. Only cost would be some deoxit and possibly some dielectric grease (the latter is for if you strip down the power switch). It's really not that hard to do.

No I get it. I was speaking from the point of view of reacquiring a new CV now. If I were to do so, I'd want a modded and cleaned unit, not something off ebay, which would run me $100+ Canadian plus shipping. What I'm saying is that if I were willing to do that, I'd prefer to take that money, save it, and wait on the Collectorvision and spend the extra on that.

• Like 2

I have often wondered why someone with a 3D Printer or other modern tools just do not created the Coleco Prototypes for history sake.

Sure they are copies but would be able to work with modern internals.

Put the spinner back on the Coleco Joystick or a stick with blue buttons.

Personally I like the Coleco with the white face plate.

This is not like we were 40 years ago.

Hell, someone can actually make the original SGM and install the micro string drives which were nothing but a looping 8 track if you ask me.

Edited by Mike Harris