IGNORED

Godzilla

cimerians

OK, boy, I've tried to get Burning Godzilla to 100 meters, and so far I have not been successful. I think just over 93 meters has been the best I could do. Do you basically have to destroy all the jet planes that attack you in order to reach that height? That's the only thing I can think of, 'cause I've been pretty much getting to 100% buildings destroyed on all levels, and also destroying all the ships, helicopters, buses, Maser tanks, regular tanks, patrol cars, etc. The only targets that elude me are the fighter planes, because they only attack you a few times, and then they seem to abort their mission. And they're damned hard to hit!

You need to do Fury Chains. When you start destroying stuff you should see a Fury meter on the left side of the screen. The longer you can make the chain, and the longer you can keep it going, the more G-Energy you can get when you destroy things. This will allow you to grow bigger and faster. This is key in getting upwards of 100m and more. The bigger you can make your Kaiju, the easier the battles can be because you can better break combos and the easier you can do yours. As for planes you need to use your Energy Blast on them as they approach. This is the best way to knock them out of the sky.

'Nother question: If my goal is to get to 100 meters and fight Destroyah, does it matter if I get there by choosing the hard enemies vs. the easy ones? I figure easy might enable me to spend more time getting fury chains and smashing buildings, but I also figure hard might confer rewards you don't get with the easy ones.

Alright, that bit about fury chains totally got me over that hump! I was able to grow Burning Godzilla to over 105 feet, and have now, at long last, met Destroyah on the battlefield!

Thank you again for all your help with this!

And to answer my own question, fighting the easy enemies did not in any way impede me on my journey toward the 100+ meter club. At one point, however, the easy enemies were in the submarine level, which, of course, has no buildings to destroy. So at that point, I chose the hard enemies, which were on land, and therefore had some buildings I could destroy in order to gain height.

The problem with the Sea areas is that there are no buildings to destroy and therefore you can't grow your Kaiju. These areas should be avoided when trying to get your chosen Kaiju over 100m. When playing as a Defender you should definitely avoid these Areas as the Subs can be easily destroyed and you can lose the Stage. Going along the Normal Route should give you more than enough stuff to destroy to get well above 100m (I've done more than 120m on multiple occasions).

BTW, did you defeat Destoroyah?

OK, well this is weird: I decided to play again as just simply Godzilla, but this time, even though I'm betting to over 100 meters, several of the final stages are locked. Not just one final boss stage, but several.

What could I be doing wrong?

Does it have something to do with me failing to do all that data collection nonsense properly? That part of the game still doesn't make much sense to me, and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

Speaking of which, what are these red and purple flashes I keep seeing on the map? I walk over to them, they're kind of like beacons, for lack of a better word, but nothing happens when I'm on top of them. By "map," I mean the little radar thingy, as opposed to what's on the main screen.

I was thinking maybe those beacons are where I'm supposed to activate the camera? But that doesn't seem to be it.

Those beacons are the Data Collection Points. When you stand over them then activate the Camera by pressing R3. An uncollected point is orange and a collected one is purple. There are a total of 100 of these Points (four to each Area). You need to collect 50 of them to open up Stages 8 and 9 so you can get to the Final Stage. You don't need to get all 100 but there is a Trophy for collecting them all. Thankfully only the regular Godzilla has Data Collection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...