IGNORED

Mr. Do?

thegamezmaster

I think it's great, as a matter of fact, I have many titles on cart that are converted from original XL or XE files, it's just so frustrating that they're not all on cart, thanks goodness for my Atarimax 5200 SD multicart and the Harmony Encore for my 2600. I guess I've bought into the downloading craze I was so much an opponent of for many years (I am a musician and would rather that my fans buy my CDs and DVDs of my product), but in that case I'd rather be able to have them in any physical means possible, and if it means a memory card to keep in files as a backup in case my first copy falters than so be it.

Yeah, i only have it on the 2600. Tryied to load the 5200 Ver had no luck!

• 5 years later...
On 5/24/2017 at 12:52 PM, darryl1970 said:

I use my trak-ball for games like Tempest, but a spinner would be much better.

If you don't mind dedicating a machine to it, I used to use a Wingman warrior with winmame. The spinner is excellent.  It has a great feel. It has a heavy feel to it.  But you need Windows 98 IIRC, to use it.  The spinner uses a serial port and I think they dropped support for after Windows 98. 

7 hours ago, christo930 said:

If you don't mind dedicating a machine to it, I used to use a Wingman warrior with winmame. The spinner is excellent.  It has a great feel. It has a heavy feel to it.  But you need Windows 98 IIRC, to use it.  The spinner uses a serial port and I think they dropped support for after Windows 98. 

Windows still supports serial ports; your machine just needs to have one.  Installing a serial port card may be an option.

This is a case where USB-to-Serial adapters may or (more likely) may not work.

54 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Windows still supports serial ports; your machine just needs to have one.  Installing a serial port card may be an option.

This is a case where USB-to-Serial adapters may or (more likely) may not work.

There's no driver available. The lack of serial ports isn't the problem .  IIRC, it stopped working when I installed windows 2000 on my PC at the time. It might have been XP, but I think it was 2k.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 8:14 PM, TrekMD said:

I don't think so.  I'm also eager to see it released.

Me too!!  As you can tell from my profile photo, Mr. Do! is my favorite arcade game.  It would be awesome to have it in cartridge format for the 5200.

• Like 1