IGNORED

Bigfoot and Atari Collecting

51 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

You now have the ability to complete your boxed 2600 Sega titles if you wish with time. Unfortunately not many collectors will ever accomplish it. There may be only 10 to 30 range of up n down boxes in existence . You’re getting some really rare stuff with your Xante  carts too.      

I am one of those few who has completed it. ;)

And yes the Up 'N Down is complete.

@stupus and I have become the best of friends since I posted that I found that Up 'N Down at a local antique mall in December of 2017. I paid $50 for it. 

Photo Jun 28, 12 38 00 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 14, 9 28 16 AM.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, stupus said:

Depends on how much you bid on it I guess lol

The up n down box used to be in the $300 range but if 2 people bid insanely well..... ;)

But yes the manual is about as hard to find as the box.

I am not sure why it is so elusive.  The cart isn't that difficult to find. What is the reason for the manual and box being crazy rare.  The last one I sold for $600 last year as a BIN on Ebay and it sold within minutes of me listing it. 

9 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

I am one of those few who has completed it. ;)

And yes the Up 'N Down is complete.

@stupus and I have become the best of friends since I posted that I found that Up 'N Down at a local antique mall in December of 2017. I paid $50 for it. 

Photo Jun 28, 12 38 00 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 14, 9 28 16 AM.jpg

Very nice those are some great looking boxes that take forever to get. I’m just now completing my Sega after years of collecting. Even after the “Big game up n down”  some of those other boxes are still tough gets, especially nowadays.

Congrats! On joining the very small club

12 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I sold mine for a fair price, privately.  Money grabbing is not my thing, especially eBay.  Getting old, plus, the shit is either gonna burn in a fire, or fall into the ground, or get crushed during an earthquake.

And you forgot to mention the random mountain lion ? attack

12 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

I didn’t realize it was Tony that went to war congrats on the box. I didn’t see it until the last day of auction. That box has sold for 1200 something in the past so it’s not surprising. And there wasn’t no gouging I believe this started at a dollar although selling to another longtime collector is probably the better route.

I recall an earlier post you made saying that you two would be going head to head in the future. Very prophetic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I recall an earlier post you made saying that you two would be going head to head in the future. Very prophetic. 

I didn’t bid on this I already have 2 cib up n downs, but it is possible going forward if the title is right that’s why it’s best to coordinate bidding between collectors ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2019 at 7:27 AM, Captain_Combat said:

I have seen cart and manual go for around $49 , the money ? is in the box. Although the cart and manual seems to be slowly creeping up.

I see the Up n Down manual the same way i see a music machine manual (which i have).

While it's super rare it simply doesn't command the same value as the box.

Edited by Tony587327635498
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony587327635498 said:

I see the Up n Down manual the same way i see a music machine manual (which i have).

While it's super rare it simply doesn't command the same value as the box.

Yes basically the manuals are pretty equivalent and the rarity of the boxes may be close. You’ll just have to wait for the up n down manual it could take some time. 

A collector tip if I were you I would work on getting more boxed copies. Forget the loose stuff except for the Uber rare carts like xante , Pepsi invaders etc. But I know that requires more money ? and boxed rarities are drying up. I was contemplating doing what you are with xante 7 years ago but there’s to many other games I wanted lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

Yes basically the manuals are pretty equivalent and the rarity of the boxes may be close. You’ll just have to wait for the up n down manual it could take some time. 

A collector tip if I were you I would work on getting more boxed copies. Forget the loose stuff except for the Uber rare carts like xante , Pepsi invaders etc. But I know that requires more money ? and boxed rarities are drying up. I was contemplating doing what you are with xante 7 years ago but there’s to many other games I wanted lol.

I agree

I've switched over to CIB collecting.

I might go for boxed uber rares too...money is not an issue for me lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2015 at 9:20 AM, Captain_Combat said:

Here's a couple more games one is a new gremlins and the other is air raid. The eighties was a great era with hot women, best music, and iconic companies like Atari & Nintendo hitting their stride before the video game crash of 1983.

post-34286-0-18171200-1429449160_thumb.jpg

How did you manage to score Air Raid? That's a major accomplishment right there!

8 hours ago, Ron Flesher said:

How did you manage to score Air Raid? That's a major accomplishment right there!

Thanks I bought it on eBay years ago. Back then air raids were playing hot potato, people would buy and sell them a few months later making them harder to track numbers. Now it seems there in stronger hands.

I might trade one but it would have to be for an Uber rare game.

• 2 weeks later...