IGNORED

Bigfoot and Atari Collecting

On 10/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, Machine said:

That kiosk is fantastic. I would have to have an old tube tv in it tough. I don't like playing on newer monitors. Your collection is amazing!!!

Thanks, never thought I would ever find one. I’m kicking myself for not taking the big vintage t.v. That came with it. Looking back I think the t.v. Is rare. I’m definitely going to change out the flat t.v when I find a retro one. I did enjoy the road trip that took me into Kansas and a little town like Mayberry to get it. This was like a barn find.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Combat said:

Yeah that was a bunch of pre-Halloween bull. I think the days of finding anything at these events are next to over. Looking at some pics of prge it looks like a fun 4 day trip.

Yeah I would love to have gone myself but just too much going on to fly to the other side of the country. 

Nice Bounty Bob Box!  I’ve got the cart and manual, but don’t anticipate ever getting my hands on the box. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Yeah I would love to have gone myself but just too much going on to fly to the other side of the country. 

Nice Bounty Bob Box!  I’ve got the cart and manual, but don’t anticipate ever getting my hands on the box. 

Thanks, and you never know once in awhile lightning strikes and you get lucky . I have some games that I never thought I would get.

• Like 2

This is true, i never thought i would get a bounty bob box either. It was the 1 piece holding me back from a cib complete 5200 set.

And then somehow i found one, be it not the most perfect specimen....but im very happy to have it! :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, stupus said:

This is true, i never thought i would get a bounty bob box either. It was the 1 piece holding me back from a cib complete 5200 set.

And then somehow i found one, be it not the most perfect specimen....but im very happy to have it! :)

The key is to stay in the game, keep looking. Every collector has gotten lucky on something or another but it’s not consistent. If you see the game without the box for under $500 I would snag it to complete it out. Congrats on the box!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stupus said:

Yep, i got all 3 pieces seperate to complete mine. That was the only way i think it was going to happen :)

I thought you were still missing the cart, but you probably picked it up recently. You were extremely lucky to piece this game together. I don’t think I have ever seen a 5200 bounty bob box by itself. Even the cart alone rarely pops up.

Some collectors pass games that are rare because of condition but that’s a mistake because you may never get another chance to upgrade . You already know this though.

Nope, i got the cart first, then scored a loose manual and then a loose box only. 

I was surprised myself, but i probably ended with a cib for less than half the price a cib would go for complete.

The cart does rarely pop up anymore and i was very lucky to get 1 of the best looking loose carts i have seen.

The box has some top flap damage but its well within my acceptable range.

I agree you cant always hold out for a perfect box for every title. Certain conditions are beyond what i would want but there are definitely things i can put up with when it comed to rare stuff. A perfect box front for instance is a big plus. And with a box the size of bounty bob they are very prone to have been damaged over all the years. 

• 2 weeks later...