IGNORED

Bigfoot and Atari Collecting

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Red Sea crossing aka “Moses cart”. In 2018 this cart walked into at least 3 video game stores in northwest Ohio. The first two didn’t have a 2600 to test it. Some people here heard about it from those game stores before being listed on eBay which is pretty cool. There was some discussion about it here when it was listed and at first I thought the cart picture was copied from atarimania website and was a fraud listing . Stupus thought it was real and he was right, I contacted the seller midway through the auction and that changed my mind to bid on it thx stupis ?.

I refused to pay the seller via eBay and wanted to pick it up in person to be sure . They wanted to meet me in a cop shop but I thought it would be weird bringing a 2600 to a ?‍♀️ station lol. So we met in a video game store called flotsam in perrysburg Ohio he had a 2600. We tested it and it works great. I met the husband and employee at the store and paid via phone. They released the game after the wife checked her PayPal account. I spoke with the wife on her husband’s phone and she told me how they found it. She was in Vegas with a guy friend that she goes with 4 times a year lmao I almost erupted laughing sometimes it takes a village.  Before I left I gave Brad the owner of flotsam $100 for letting us use his store. Of course I asked why he didn’t buy it, he didn’t have enough operating capital to tie up the money. If you’re in the area and know the store Brad can tell you more.

AF0BE6A1-4D17-4AE5-9F77-BA0978F112CF.jpeg

452361DF-B1DB-4E32-BEB8-909DE1046509.jpeg

• Like 4

So glad it worked out for you to get this and be 1 of the handfull that own this unique and interesting game! :)

I have a friend who works for the magazine this was advertised in the 1 time.

Sadly they no longer had any copy left of that issue or any details on it....it was a long time ago now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

Red Sea crossing aka “Moses cart”. In 2018 this cart walked into at least 3 video game stores in northwest Ohio. The first two didn’t have a 2600 to test it. Some people here heard about it from those game stores before being listed on eBay which is pretty cool. There was some discussion about it here when it was listed and at first I thought the cart picture was copied from atarimania website and was a fraud listing . Stupus thought it was real and he was right, I contacted the seller midway through the auction and that changed my mind to bid on it thx stupis ?.

I refused to pay the seller via eBay and wanted to pick it up in person to be sure . They wanted to meet me in a cop shop but I thought it would be weird bringing a 2600 to a ?‍♀️ station lol. So we met in a video game store called flotsam in perrysburg Ohio he had a 2600. We tested it and it works great. I met the husband and employee at the store and paid via phone. They released the game after the wife checked her PayPal account. I spoke with the wife on her husband’s phone and she told me how they found it. She was in Vegas with a guy friend that she goes with 4 times a year lmao I almost erupted laughing sometimes it takes a village.  Before I left I gave Brad the owner of flotsam $100 for letting us use his store. Of course I asked why he didn’t buy it, he didn’t have enough operating capital to tie up the money. If you’re in the area and know the store Brad can tell you more.

AF0BE6A1-4D17-4AE5-9F77-BA0978F112CF.jpeg

452361DF-B1DB-4E32-BEB8-909DE1046509.jpeg

Great story!  That shop’s only about 15 minutes from me.  I didn’t realize anything that big went down around our sleepy area. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

Great story!  That shop’s only about 15 minutes from me.  I didn’t realize anything that big went down around our sleepy area. 

I’ll take small town quaint over crowded any day. That game store is tucked away and hidden next to railroad tracks and it’s hard to find. Nearly nil chance a rare game like this finds its way into a game store anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stupus said:

So glad it worked out for you to get this and be 1 of the handfull that own this unique and interesting game! :)

Sadly they no longer had any copy left of that issue or any details on it....it was a long time ago now!

Periodically I have been looking for the magazine but no luck yet, I thought it might be neat to have them together. Thx for your help if it wasn’t for you I would have never inquired about it further and not bid. You noticed the crease in the end label was in a slightly different position than atarimania pictured one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 6:06 PM, stupus said:

If you have any interest in any of these boxes let me know. Most are in fair condition some with manuals but I didn’t look inside most of them. Some are in good to very good.

8E29C641-6642-418C-A155-80CDA69743E8.jpeg

EA46105A-DFC2-4B05-97A6-19A086EDB513.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apollo games founded by Pat Roper in October of 1981 and quickly went bankrupt in 1983 with the video game crash. Just bad timing I believe the company could have turned into a activision if it survived. Let’s just blame this on Howard the guy that wrote e.t. ? 

This is a letter from the company and I put a game next to it so you can compare the logos.

00437E24-21F5-47E1-8D29-14772AEC73AB.jpeg

C90AD14D-9E64-4655-85EF-BDD4DF81CFEF.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

Apollo games founded by Pat Roper in October of 1981 and quickly went bankrupt in 1983 with the video game crash. Just bad timing I believe the company could have turned into a activision if it survived.

I don't think so.

The quality difference between Apollo games and Activision games is beyond words.

I even believe Apollo was one of the reasons the crash happened in the first place.

Garry Kitchen explains this very accurately in this video IMO:

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

I think once Activision won its lawsuit against Atari there was a gaming “Gold Rush” and all these small companies popped up wanting a piece of the pie. 

Roper saw that Activision made over 20 million in it’s first year and went all in trying to replicate it. He should have started small and put an ad in the Sunnyvale newspaper instead of Texas to steal one of Atari’s better programmers. Apollo did contribute to the crash with bad games and all that inventory probably ended up in the dump like e.t. If they survived the crash I think their games would have greatly improved with time. 

• Like 1