IGNORED

Bigfoot and Atari Collecting

On 7/20/2020 at 4:03 PM, atari181 said:

I am not sure where or when this was.  I think I recall seeing a loaner cart from Xonox that had the pink label.  I am guessing early/pre-production.

I think I’ve seen 3 pink double Enders over the years and I believe they all had chuck Norris as a common denominator. Maybe these were a prerelease label prototype like you said. I may have to play and compare to see if there’s any difference in the code.

The strange thing about the pink chuck label is that its a double ender label cut in half and applied to a single ender.

Since we know the double enders came first its strange how these alternate labels got made, nit used on the double enders and then cut and used on single enders. 

I wonder if they were used as early single ender labels and that they used old double ender labels that they had originally decided not to use for the double enders.....very puzzling....

Seems like i remember old ads that used pink instead of yellow for their color scheme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stupus said:

The strange thing about the pink chuck label is that its a double ender label cut in half and applied to a single ender.

Since we know the double enders came first its strange how these alternate labels got made, nit used on the double enders and then cut and used on single enders. 

I wonder if they were used as early single ender labels and that they used old double ender labels that they had originally decided not to use for the double enders.....very puzzling....

Seems like i remember old ads that used pink instead of yellow for their color scheme.

Even though the double Enders went into production first they probably had prototype examples of the single ender at the same time. My guess is that xonox had made these preproduction and someone in marketing changed their mind on the labels and went with blue. If it was an early release you should be seeing more examples. I think this single ender is the only one I’ve ever seen like it. It’s definitely a mystery. 

• Like 1

Hard to say if they would have thought up single ender carts at the same time as double. I would tend to lean towards them designing them after the doubles but i have no idea.

I have seen a handful over the years, probably around 5 and i think only chuck. Dont remember seeing any used for double ender carts. The variant has been known for some time though. It was in the dp guide probably over 20 years now.

They likely are early samples for the single enders that just got out there...unlikely a true sales run.

They are a cool mystery/oddity :)

Edited by stupus

7 minutes ago, stupus said:

Hard to say if they would have thought up single ender carts at the same time as double. I would tend to lean towards them designing them after the doubles but i have no idea.

I have seen a handful over the years, probably around 5 and i think only chuck. Dont remember seeing any used for double ender carts. The variant has been known for some time though. It was in the dp guide probably over 20 years now.

They likely are early samples for the single enders that just got out there...unlikely a true sales run.

They are a cool mystery/oddity :)

If you could give me a link for digital press where they are talking about it I would appreciate it. I didn’t know these were known 20 years ago.

I didnt see the dp link handy, but i know its on the list matt(tempest) had worked on over 20 years ago.

Here is a pic and link.

http://www.atariprotos.com/other/labelvar/2600/labelvar7.txt

Screenshot_20200725-171000.thumb.jpg.34a7ad96a43fc9fc0655498475f1ef2c.jpg

Also thinking about it more i do remember seeing them as double enders too. My friend Ian has 1 I know of.

And the fact they say chuck norris and not superkicks means they were printed earlier on as opposed to later when they lost the chuck norris rights deal.

Edited by stupus

1 hour ago, stupus said:

I didnt see the dp link handy, but i know its on the list matt(tempest) had worked on over 20 years ago.

Here is a pic and link.

http://www.atariprotos.com/other/labelvar/2600/labelvar7.txt

Screenshot_20200725-171000.thumb.jpg.34a7ad96a43fc9fc0655498475f1ef2c.jpg

Also thinking about it more i do remember seeing them as double enders too. My friend Ian has 1 I know of.

And the fact they say chuck norris and not superkicks means they were printed earlier on as opposed to later when they lost the chuck norris rights deal.

Tempest description describes what I have exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 8:17 PM, Captain_Combat said:

Nice guess you’re going in the right direction in rarity but that’s not it. I’ll have to say it’s extremely or next to impossible getting something west coast collectors don’t have.

What grail could that be?

Behind the note is this one:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-battle-zone_16123.html

Love that Ark, BTW.

Manna and tablets inside, right?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, stupus said:

Dude! When did you score a 3d attack?

I think this makes 4 or 5 boxed copies now!

Complete?

I think about a year and a half ago I’m not sure if it’s totally cib or not I really have not looked at them. They both sit next to my sealed ps2 collection and they look out of place lol. I haven’t tried at all for Arcadia and if I did I would probably just buy someone’s collection out much easier than spending 10 years trying to piece this stuff together