IGNORED

Score!

jdgabbard

Was visiting some friends in the city I used to live in and stopped by a Retro Gaming shop. After browsing for a few minutes I asked a guy who was replacing capacitors on an old Game Gear if they had any TI Carts. He came from around from behind the counter and asked if I meant the 99/4a, then pointed me to a couple of carts. He then asked if I wanted a Speach Synthesizer. I asked if it worked, and he said he didn't know, he didn't have a working system to test it on. I asked how much and he told me $12, and said they had a 30 return policy, so if it didn't work to bring it back.. I said sure. Then he asked if I wanted a parts system for $5. I asked him what was wrong with it, and he said that it just made a weird noise when he turned it on. which sounds exactly like what happens when I turn on my system without plugging in the power cable for my nanoPEB. Which leads me to suspect the 7805 had possibly gone bad. I don't know for sure, but I snatched it up too. Along with the 5 cartridges that he sold me for $8. So for $25 I got a system I think I can get working (no cables or power supply), a Speach synthesizer that I suspect works, doesn't look like it's ever been plugged into a system but maybe once, and 5 carts. Of which Blasto and Personal Record keeping are the most desireable. But I did also get two Terminal Emulator carts. So overall, it's been a good day!

post-41787-0-19268500-1429386000_thumb.jpg

post-41787-0-66558700-1429386014_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well, I got home and turned on the TI, and sure enough, it doesn't boot. Maybe the video ram or chip... It makes a sound similar to what my other system does when the nanoPEB isn't plugged into 5v power just like I said earlier... Like to the video is below. Anyone have any ideas?

The good news is all the cartridges tested good, as well as the speech synthesizer. So I did get a working unit as far as that is concerned...

http://youtu.be/g-UI9qAcxR0

Edited by jdgabbard

I'll have to check into that. Like our other conversation taking place right now, it would be so nice to have one handy to analyze what is going on... Just as a little update, I've got some crystals on their way, so we'll start with that. Then the memory. Then if I have to, the other stuff. Who knows, by the time it's done I might end up with a NOS TI in a used shell...