IGNORED

Yahoo Groups

47 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

Someone try this link to see if they can download the file:

http://9640news.ddns.net:8080/TI994A.zip

That should have the Geneve, TI-99/4A, and SWPB groups that I captured right before the changes earlier this year.

The file is about 180 MB in size.

Beery

Right-clicked the link. Chose “Save link as...” from popped-up menu. Saving immediately aborted with “Failed - Network error”.

...lee

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/58F8A296A65A4C92AB8B8C1BB031D2004 is a folder on my personal webshare

that I was able to do a point-to-point transfer, bypassing the Tomcat port 8080 server (normal http download was timing out).

YMMV, but y'all are welcome to grab it from the link above as a second source (assuming that's okay with you, Berry).

Once I got it, I brought it down for an AV scan (below) and was able to extract that using SQLite Data Wizard, but unable to manipulate further.

174.97 MB zip containing a single .pg4 file which I have absolutely no idea what to do with. SQL database? Protected?

Doug

AVscanned.JPG

ZipContents.JPG

PG Offline used to use a Microsoft MDB format file.  Then, they changed the software.  With PG Offline, I was able to export as a CSV file and did some manipulation that way, though not too clean due to all the html formatting.  I suspect their file format has some kind of encryption.  Good luck trying to get it into another format.

If the PG Offline program doesn't have any restrictions on importing the file with the file I provided, it would be simpler to just use that program.

My copy is registered.

Beery

I have been running queries against the data set to separate the groups (three groups) and clean up the formatting.  One problem is the unbounded HTML, so I am working on stripping that out to make the messages plain text.  Once done, I plan to import into a PST for testing, then from there I can export to various formats.

(Interestingly, there is no "date" field import for Outlook.  I will likely have to do this with a tool.)

Can anyone remember the exact names of the two 99/4A groups on Yahoo besides Geneve and SWPB? There was the original, moderated by Tom Wills and a second, later one, moderated by Tony Knerr which in the end became the dominant group. Both were spelling variants of TI-99/4A. Beery Miller says he thinks he only has one of them in the dump.

22 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

Can anyone remember the exact names of the two 99/4A groups on Yahoo besides Geneve and SWPB? There was the original, moderated by Tom Wills and a second, later one, moderated by Tony Knerr which in the end became the dominant group. Both were spelling variants of TI-99/4A. Beery Miller says he thinks he only has one of them in the dump.

There are three groups in the dump: TI99-4A (1), Geneve9640 (2), and SWPB (4).  Messages for each are in the dump.

Message in each:

• TI99-4A: 87287
  • Geneve9640: 1734
  • SWPB: 3789

2 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

There were two TI99-4/A groups. I think(?) Tom's was "TI99/4A" and Tony's was "TI99/4-a" but I'm not sure which was which. 

I am guessing the TI99-4A group in this dump is the "TI99/4A" with the slash replaced.  If anyone was a member of the other group and has a dump I can dig through those, too.  I have already been able to export the contents into CSV files, but some data is going to be missing in an import into Outlook.  I think I am going to create an intermediate format which can be converted more easily.  Maybe large mbox files or individual eml files.  The latter will be pretty easy as it is just the raw RFC822 format.

Does anyone know if the time stamp will be UTC or PST?  I am guessing UTC as it has no other indicators.

According to AT&T after they dropped some new line to my house to solve a an up/down noise level between the pole and my house, I should be good to go if someone wants to download the files from my house as posted earlier.

Sometime next week, they are supposed to bury the line.

Beery