IGNORED

theadamresource.com is down...

Pixelboy

Mark contacted me a number of months ago about not having the time, etc. to maintain the site, so I guess he didn't find anyone to take it over unfortunately.

I wonder if he has an offsite copy in a zip, I'm sure we could find a site or two that would be able to at least mirror the site for reference.

I wonder if he has an offsite copy in a zip, I'm sure we could find a site or two that would be able to at least mirror the site for reference.

I'd be willing to mirror it gratis in perpetuity if one were to obtain a complete archive of the site. I've more than enough unused storage and bandwidth available to me that should probably be put to use.

• Like 2

I'd be willing to mirror it gratis in perpetuity if one were to obtain a complete archive of the site. I've more than enough unused storage and bandwidth available to me that should probably be put to use.

That would be great Mumbai. I'll send you Mark's email when I get home tonight. IIRC his AA name is Mark_Coleco or Mark_Adam.

I decided to login after reading this about the resource I didn't know it had value, so ....

Hey, NIAD's correct, I got no help in getting help to maintain the site/resource. Although I have made a few updates over I think 4 months ago, maybe less.

Adamcon.org hosts the resource and I guess the whole server was down, hence why the resource was down. I belive Dale intends to host it "forever", he also has a backup of the site aswell as I. Its up again last I checked.

My intentions where to update the site given all these forum posts of material and collect it all and post information on the resource in seperate pages. But that stopped awhile ago.
I didn't want to overshadow what NIAD was doing and end up with duplicate material in differant format, so to say.
So I was going to use NIAD's archives to update the site, which I did use to make the site in the first place, but an older copy that I actualy helpped produce but NIAD and I think Joe B. provided most of the material and orgnization.

I just havn't had time to maintain the resource with any updates NIAD has improved upon or anyone else.
I lent the resource sites info to a few ADAM and Coleco sites so they can cherry pick from it....

If your intrested in helping with the adam resource site then eventualy take it over afterwards (I'd like to help the person that wants to help first before I leave it)
Please say so here and explain how you would help out to update the site fast, fast is required tho, alot of info needs to be updated quickly and swiftly.

Any questions can be made here as well.

Thanks. -Mark

If your interested in helping with the adam resource site then eventually take it over afterwards (I'd like to help the person that wants to help first before I leave it)

Please say so here and explain how you would help out to update the site fast, fast is required tho, alot of info needs to be updated quickly and swiftly.

I think it may help to explain what precisely requires "fast, fast" attention and your projected timeline for planned future updates in order to better explain what ongoing concern the site and its contents represent. It may also be of interest to explain how site maintenance relates to the particulars of its current hosting, given that there seems to be a clear separation there, such that the containing server can go offline and take this site with it seemingly outside your control as current maintainer.

Basicly gather any info off the forums and create pages for each topic that was resolved and explained. Such as troubleshooting and other questions that maybe helpful.

Basicly do this in a fast endeavor to gather and format this information so it's posted quickly as its brought together. Not a slow update over a year or years.

This is too ensure the resource actualy recievces some updates in a timely fashion.

To update the site; you would place the pages in the correct area of the site, like folder and what not. Basic HTML pages is all thats required. Then provide links to that page, usualy one link is all that will be needed.
This would be by an FTP acount, and notifiy me of the updates so I can backup them up locally.

I'd have to inform and request a 2nd FTP acount from Dale if he can provide one.