IGNORED

Colecovision Y-Adapter Controller Cables Available

nurmix

Hey, guys. I have a thread on the Intellivision forum for the Flashback adapter cables I make (that allow using Intellivision Flashback controllers on the original consoles), but I'm also making Colecovision Y-adapter cables, and have 6 foot db9 extension cables available:

Colecovision Y-Adapter cables - allows connection of standard Colecovision system controller with an additional compatible joystick (Atari 2600, etc) without the need to unplug / swap controllers one at a time. It should also work fine on other consoles that use db9 connectors - but I only tested on a Colecovision:

Colecovision_Y-adapter.jpg

These are $10 each. If desired, you can specify the color of the heat shrink tubing (black, blue, red, green, yellow, white). If not specified, you will receive whatever color I have in stock at the time. Approximate length is 18 inches.

Standard db9 controller extension cables - 6 foot length

(for Colecovision, Intellivision II / Sears consoles, Atari 2600 / 7800, Sega Genesis, Atari and Commodore computers; basically anything that uses a standard db9 type connector):

6ft_extension_cables.jpg

These are $6.50 each or two for $12

-----------------------------------------------

Please send me a PM here on Atari Age if you are interested in any of these cables. Include your shipping / address information, and preferably an email address, and I will get back to you with a total. Payment is via PayPal. Credit cards (processed through my business - White Flag Computing) are also an option if you don't use PayPal. You can also email adapters@intellivisionaries.com instead of sending a PM if you prefer.

Shipping is not included in the above prices. USA orders will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail (usually flat rate small box, which is $5.95). International orders will be shipped via USPS International First Class (padded mailer - price varies depending on weight and destination).

Thanks!

• Like 10

Just a small update (I've been asked)... I can also ship First Class Mail in the US. This will be slightly cheaper than Priority Mail, but I do have to purchase the padded mailer (usually about $1.50), and you're limited to 13 ounces. Less protection, but you may save a buck or two.

Geez I don't even own a CV (only a Flashback!) and I kind of want these. If you make a Flashback version I would buy the HELL out of it. 3 Button Genesis Arcade stick on the Flashback? THAT'S MY JAM. (Even moreso if somehow there were options to default extra Genesis buttons to various things on the CV keypad but that is probably getting into Silly Dreams Land there..)

Geez I don't even own a CV (only a Flashback!) and I kind of want these. If you make a Flashback version I would buy the HELL out of it. 3 Button Genesis Arcade stick on the Flashback? THAT'S MY JAM. (Even moreso if somehow there were options to default extra Genesis buttons to various things on the CV keypad but that is probably getting into Silly Dreams Land there..)

That's something to consider for the future, although there are a lot of differences between how the Colecovision Flashback controllers work compared to the originals (it's not just 'crossed wires' like it was with the Intellivision Flashback controllers).

• Like 1

I look forward to hearing about this! And it sounds like a hella cool podcast segement on CV or IV... (Maybe it makes me a bad retrogamer but I just don't like the controllers of either system much. My Genesis stick however? THAT'S MY JAM. Only wish the 6 button model was a lot cheaper than it is. And that some emulators or games on Windows 7 didn't act like a wanker about the thing with a RetroUSB dongle. Like Shantae Risky's Revenge and Double Dragon Trilogy for example..)

• Like 1

Payment sent for one of those nifty y cables...thanks for taking the time to make these nurmix..!

Thanks, Armonigann! Happy to help out the retro-gaming community where I can.

I was asked in a PM today about the cost, and if it's even worth my time to make these based on what I'm charging (if you ask my wife, then definitely no!) ;) ...It takes 2 new donor cables to make one Y-cable (with a left-over female db9 and several feet of wire I can't really do anything with), and about 30 minutes per cable, cutting, stripping, soldering, heat shrinking, testing. So for me, it's a labor of love. I made some for myself a while back, and I figured other Colecovision owners would find them useful too.

• Like 2

FYI: never use the priority mail small flat rate box.

Use a priority mail flat rate envelope which is $5.05 (if you buy the postage online and get the discount). The envelope is bigger than the small flat rate box, and cost less. If you want to you can even put the small flat rate box in the envelope, or put your own box in the envelope, and pay the envelope price.

• Like 1

Would you guys be interested in a Y-adapter that let's you plug an Atari-compatible joystick into a Colecovision Flashback (along with the Flashback controller) and use both? Obviously the Atari controller could only be used for single button games.

• Like 1

Id rather have one that at least allows for 2 button SMS/Genesis to be used, if not somehow utilizing all 8 buttons of the full bore final Genesis controllers. (Start, Mode, and the 6 action buttons.) But even just a single button Atari would help. It just wouldn't be IDEAL....

Id rather have one that at least allows for 2 button SMS/Genesis to be used, if not somehow utilizing all 8 buttons of the full bore final Genesis controllers. (Start, Mode, and the 6 action buttons.) But even just a single button Atari would help. It just wouldn't be IDEAL....

I'm going to see what I can do about getting it to work with a Genesis controller.

• 1 month later...

Just an update...

I've sold out of Y-adapters, and am currently out of supply cables too.

I probably won't be making these again, as I am not able to get the same deal on supply cables as I did in the past when I ordered in bulk.

If there is enough demand in the future, I might consider making more, but there would be a price increase to cover the expense of higher priced supply cables.

Anyway, thanks to those who ordered them.

How did I mange to miss that you were making these? If you ever make more in the future, I'd definitely want to get 2!

I'll add you to an "interest" list, goldenegg. I know you ordered some Intellivision Flashback adapters from me last year.

:-D

• Like 1