IGNORED

Colecovision Y-Adapter Controller Cables Available

nurmix

Has anyone tested these Y-cables with "keypadless" two-button controllers, like the Atari 7800 controller, the Questar or the Fire Command II? I could be interested in buying a few, but only if I can be sure they're going to work with my third-party controllers.

Has anyone tested these Y-cables with "keypadless" two-button controllers, like the Atari 7800 controller, the Questar or the Fire Command II? I could be interested in buying a few, but only if I can be sure they're going to work with my third-party controllers.

They are essentially a straight through design (both male ends of the cable - where the controllers plug in - merge into the one female plug end). So it's the same as plugging a controller directly in, or plugging a controller into an extension cable.

As to whether or not they work with other controllers with 2 buttons... I'm not familair with the Questar or the Fire Command II, but if the controller supports two buttons on it's own (like a modded Genesis controller, for example), then there's no reason it wouldn't work with one of these Y-adapters. I have tested numerous Atari-compatible joysticks with it, including a 7800 Proline controller, and they all worked. The Proline allows you to use both buttons too; just as if it were plugged in by itself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

​I don't know if you received my other message but I would like to order 2 'Y'-adapters for my colecovision and 2 controller extensions as well. A total of 4 items for now. My name is Bob Staley and my email address is kirastaley@aol.com. Hope to hear back.

I didn't receive another message, but I will send you a PM and/or email tomorrow with a total. Thanks!

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• 1 month later...

Hey nurmix!

I'd like to order a Y cable. Just heard about these from a past episode of the Intellivisionaries. Black tubing if available, otherwise whatever you got.

I assume you'll PM the details? Otherwise let me know what you need from me (besides payment lol).

Thanks!

Hey nurmix!

I'd like to order a Y cable. Just heard about these from a past episode of the Intellivisionaries. Black tubing if available, otherwise whatever you got.

I assume you'll PM the details? Otherwise let me know what you need from me (besides payment lol).

Thanks!

PM sent

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Hey @nurmix, are you still making these ColecoVision cables, by chance? I shot you a PM a few weeks back but haven't heard from you yet. I'd love one Y-cable if at all possible! Thanks.

Hey, sixersfan105.

Due to recently moving house, and a larger than usually workload, cables have been put on hold for the time being.  I’m not ruling out making more in the future, but there’s currently a backlog of orders for Y-adapters, and the Intellivision Flashback adapters I also make.  I need to order more supply cables and get my soldering workstation unpacked and setup in the new garage (which is still a mess and only partially organized since the move).  I’ll follow up with your PM when I have a better idea of timeframe. 

6 minutes ago, nurmix said:

Hey, sixersfan105.

Due to recently moving house, and a larger than usually workload, cables have been put on hold for the time being.  I’m not ruling out making more in the future, but there’s currently a backlog of orders for Y-adapters, and the Intellivision Flashback adapters I also make.  I need to order more supply cables and get my soldering workstation unpacked and setup in the new garage (which is still a mess and only partially organized since the move).  I’ll follow up with your PM when I have a better idea of timeframe. 

Ok no problem at all. Thanks for the heads up and for queuing my PM unless and until you make more in the future! Cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2019 at 8:35 AM, nurmix said:

Hey, sixersfan105.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'm interested in a Y Cable when you do decide to build a few more.  - ISB

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys.

While I am gearing up to make my Intellivision Flashback adapter cables again soon, I'm afraid I won't be producing more Y-adapters, for a couple reasons:

(1)  They require two 'donor' extension cables to make one Y-adapter, and factoring in the cost of the 'donor' cables (not to mention the time involved in making them), and the amount I charge per cable, it's pretty much a loss for me.

(2) Some folks who have bought them have had issues with certain controllers - like 6-button Genesis controllers not working correctly with certain combinations of other controllers (CV game select menu not responding unless Genesis controller is unplugged).  But more so because I get people complaining that some directions are not working reliably - on cables that tested 100% good on my equipment...  This is due to worn out [female] pins in their old CV/Atari controllers that don't make good contact with the [male] pins of the Y-adapter cables, which results in returns / refunds for cables that are, again... 100% OK when tested on my equipment.

Hope you guys understand.

12 minutes ago, nurmix said:

While I am gearing up to make my Intellivision Flashback adapter cables again soon, I'm afraid I won't be producing more Y-adapters, for a couple reasons:

:_( I understand.

For those that haven't picked up a pair of INTY Flashback adapter cables, please "Follow" this thread. I can honestly say that you won't be disappointed. Excellent piece of tech.?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@nurmix bummer about the Y adapters.

Tell you what though, I'd be willing to buy a set of 'returned' y cables.. I wouldn't hold you responsible/return anything if it didn't work out. None of my stuff is worn out, since I use brand new cables to build controllers, so I'm sure it would probably work for me. This would be for my Vectrex, BTW (I need one for my Atarivox/2nd controller). Just throwing it out there. :)