IGNORED

F18A Firmware V1.6 Available

matthew180

There is a new firmware available for the F18A, V1.6. It fixes a subtle bug related to sprites and includes many new features that I hope will be utilized. If you have an F18A in your 99/4A there is a in-system software update available (requires a CF7/nanoPEB or disk system that can handle about 250K of files). I posted the full details in the F18A Resource thread here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/207586-f18a-programming-info-and-resources/page-12?do=findComment&comment=3226312

• Like 4

Just upgraded my system. Thanks Matthew.

Worked a treat!

I've attached F18UPD16_dsk.zip which is a 360K disk image and F18UPD_HFE.zip which is the HFE file (360K) for the Lotharek of the 3 update files.

Thanks for making the Lotharek files available for other people!

Just upgraded my system. Thanks Matthew.

Worked a treat!

I've attached F18UPD16_dsk.zip which is a 360K disk image and F18UPD_HFE.zip which is the HFE file (360K) for the Lotharek of the 3 update files.

Just saved me from having to create my own HFE. You rock!

• Like 1

It should also run in XB. Hey... any chance the update can use Playground? (Even though I think pretty much anyone who would have an F18A probably also has an XB cartridge somewhere.)

I guess I assumed that anyone with a disk subsystem would have the E/A cart... I will see about a version that can be loaded from XB.

I may stand corrected, then: I swear I ran my update using the TI XB cart in my kit, but I might have done it with the XB2.7.

I have too much going on... need to keep a journal.

Now that everyone is getting their F18A's updated...

... I wonder what the next Rasmus game will look like? :-D

What ever it is, I'm sure we will all be....

BlownAwayTV30.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEn07uDk-_I&feature=youtu.be

I know this video is a year old now... and on the old firmware, but are these graphics not AMAZING for the TI? ....it looks like a SNES/Genesis game.