IGNORED

Panasonic 3DO M2 Development Kit auctions

bitrate

Well, as far as I know a demo was put together, and there were a handful of protos that companies had under development, but nothing ever saw the light of day or was really ever completed. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I guess if anyone had the couple of protos that existed it might be you..

There are a handful of tech demos that will run, including a shooter, the Dolphin demo, the Apebot demo, and a couple of others. In terms of a playable game, there is IMSA Racing which was extremely close to being complete and is a good bit of fun.

Backwards compatibility with 3DO was something that was being touted when M2 was first being discussed, but unfortunately they killed off that idea fairly early on in development.

There were a handful of titles developed for the M2 arcade hardware, I think Konami.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this auction does no include the actual devkit, only the CD ROM add-on, no? :?

This auction includes the entire development kit - not just the CD Drive.

• Like 1

I've posted this before but what the hell :-)

Warp had D2 in development for M2 (and it looked fantastic), when plug was pulled they looked at porting it to the N64, but userbase in Japan was too small, so game started from scratch for Dreamcast.

Konami had couple of games running in arcades off M2 hardware, Polystars (Police stars) and some beat-em-up.

These were the 'listed' M2 Launch games, had things been different:

Descent/Disruptor/Return Fire 2/Top Gun/Wing Commander IV/John Madden'98/NHL Hockey/Road Rash/Olympic Soccer, plus un-named titles at that time from Capcom etc.

This auction includes the entire development kit - not just the CD Drive.

I guess I'm not following how you're defining "entire development kit". Wouldn't you also need the 3do M2 Nubus dev card (and a compatible Mac) to actually do any sort of development? Is that included somewhere and I'm missing it?

You are absolutely correct, and yes, the M2 Nubus card is included in the auction. I took about 40 pictures of the development kit and documentation set and it appears that when I uploaded to Ebay I neglected to include any pictures of the Nubus card.

I will update the auction tomorrow to include pictures of the card and a note to let everyone know that it is part of the kit.

I apologize for the confusion. I tried to take nice pictures of the kit and then I go and leave out part of it in the auction...

Tobe! Polystars/Total Vice/Battle Tryst/Evil Night and Heart Of Eleven'98 are the M2 powered coin-ops.

Power Crystal was being developed here in the UK by Perceptions and looked like an early Elder scrolls game, plus would of had a lot of the character-develeopment features later found in Lionheads Fable (Xbox/PC)

WarpsKenji Eno described the hardware as an enhanced N64 and although a 64 Bit Machine, it was 'really' a 128 class piece of hardware, due to it's ability to punch above it's wieght.

I'd of loved to of seen the M2 version of D2 with it's Medievil setting.

Ok, I updated the auction to include the pictures of the Nubus card and a quick note to let everyone know that it is part of the kit.

The new pictures are at the bottom of the listing.

Thanks for giving me a heads up that I didn't have any pictures of the card in the listing.