IGNORED

Flapee Bird Highscore-Thread

Ignorama

I open this thread because I guess it starts to spam the original Flapee Bird thread. I hope that you guys participate, because its a very addictive game.

Here my latest score: 310

Do you have a favourite bird? I know its stupid, but I like the red bird most and I hate the yellow bird. When I get the yellow bird I kill myself directly to get another bird.

Standings:

Ignorama: 458

Pimpmaul69: 247

Joe: 188

JasonlikesINTV: 117

Wolfy62: 92

Intellivisioner: 68

Nanochess: 56

Intymike: 21

post-35236-0-46225500-1430357439_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignorama

I open this thread because I guess it starts to spam the original Flapee Bird thread. I hope that you guys participate, because its a very addictive game.

Do you have a favourite bird? I know its stupid, but I like the red bird most and I hate the yellow bird. When I get the yellow bird I kill myself directly to get another bird.

holy crap man! I couldnt break 23. That is insane. Dont get me wrong, i love the game, but man is it hard for me.

Well, we have to consider the fact that I am playing on a PAL system, which probably brings some benefits. Unfortunately I do not have a working NTSC system since my Intellivision II powerpack is broken, but I guess its harder on US hardware. Hopefully I can try it out some day ^^

Edit: And you have to keep in mind: Do not take the yellow bird! Kill the yellow bird as soon as you can, because he is evil and wont let you get high scores.

Edited by Ignorama

How is the Pal system different?

if games arent designed specifically with pal versions and ntsc versions the games play faster on ntsc than pal. When the games play slower on pal sometimes the music can sound all wonky at the slower speed. Edited by pimpmaul69

How is the Pal system different?

I haven't tested Flapee Bird or Princess Quest on PAL yet -- just arrived today -- yay!

But, to your point:

On NTSC systems, the video updates 60 times per second. On PAL systems, this happens 50 times per second. Since most games use this interrupt to 'time' things and update the position of objects on the screen, etc., unless they account for this discrepancy, games on PAL will seem to run more slowly. Ironic, since the CPU is actually running a bit faster on PAL systems.

The easiest way to think of this is:

How would you 'time' one second on an Intellivision?

There's not a simple way to do this, but, you do "know" that this video update interrupt will happen regularly.

Well, if you increased a value 'n' once every time you updated the screen, then you know every time you get to 60, one second of time has passed. After all, if this didn't happen pretty close to exactly 60 times per second, you wouldn't get a picture on the screen.

So, if you write your program to update your 'number of seconds' by one every time your value of 'n' hits 60, you're set.

Now, take that same program and run it on a PAL system.

Oops… On PAL, if you still wait for 60 'ticks' to pass, but it takes only 50 for a "real" second to pass, then you're going to wait 10 'ticks' too many. Therefore, your clock will seem to run too slowly.

Well, I got some time to play today. 92 :) , however you only have a few seconds to capture a pic before the screen goes back to the initial start screen and you're score disappears.

Overall, I like the game. The physics are obviously a bit different from the original...you don't go up as high on each flap so I'm finding that I hit the upper pipes much less often than on the original. This also means you need to be ready to flap when going from a low clearance to a higher one. The music isn't bad, but I'm already tired of it. It's not you, Music. It's me. Would love the option to turn off and/or switch to another of many tunes on a Flapee soundtrack...kinda like SameGame & Robots. My only other concern is that I'm going to destroy a controller from all of the repetitive use. Fortunately you can use the entire keypad as well as the side buttons. I'm starting to wish I bought that crazy joystick from Grips03!

In general, this version is more forgiving overall which makes for a less frustrating, higher scoring, and more addictive experience. Definitely happy with my purchase. Hoping to find some Easter Eggs or neat surprises as I progress ;-)

• Like 1

great question and score.......first person over 300!

I actually like the yellow bird, so far I have my best scores with that one! and yes, what a great and addictive game, I can't say that about most video games I get for any system. Fun stuff!!! ;-)

They say, "if you love something set it free..." I wonder if this game can flapee its wings when i hurl it out the window! :) Man this game is hard for me. Unlike jason it hit the top pipe 99% of the time. Doesnt help that the tremors makes me double tap when i dont want to.