IGNORED

The MAME- & MESS-Emulator Starter-Batch (v1.24)

Schmitzi

i use 64 bit.

Stored the .dll files in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin

the .JAR file in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\lib\ext

OK. Sure that Java64 stores in Program Files(x86) ? Or is it Java32 ?

(sorry I dont now about but seems not logically)

do you now an easy way to check the java-path from dos/cmd ?

it seems not to be in the environment-variables, not in the path

Maybe I can automate that, if it is only copying 2 files and nothing more

/EDIT/ I mean the path to this mentioned (x86)-folder where I want to copy the 2 files,

not that one to \ProgramData\Orcale, from the normal Dos-Path-Variable

(to get a proper copy-target)

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1

no, in the path is only the mentioned C:\ProgramData\Oracle\bla. That does not help.

or do you have more in your path ?

Can you also please check once fom the SystemPanel, that you really have Java64 installed ?

(if you go with a Windows64-machine to java.com and klick on this red install-button, this is JAVA32 (!)

my path shows:

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared

Hi Ralf,

Good job!!! It works like a charm. (I have not tested everything, but this makes it easier for people to install and configure

with the working hardware, as via the GUI (QME), sometimes if you change hardware, then it does not start anymore.

btw - With the Geneve, selecting Games and TI Invaders I noticed using keys Q to fire and S, D to move,

if you press both Q and D (right), it moves suddenly left, but that is probably a Geneve/GPL/TI problem ?

For the keyboard I select "Natural" (= Original) to NO, because the "natural" = Yes does not work on my laptop.

uih, I only used that natural keyboard once, for a minute :)

I implemented this -natural-switch in the BATCH, but sorry I don´t know more about the keymappings.

On my own, I try to use the unnatural keyboard and are happy to survive :)

maybe more in the ninerpedia ?

http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/MESS

• Like 1

my path shows:

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared

Hi Chris,

so it seems you have Jave 32bit installed, and either 2 versions same time (1.7 +1. 8) OR you have some dump from the older 1.7 in your path.

If sou, should be corrected, maybe with the CCleaner from piriform.com

I have this nice RXTX running now :) Looks nice, but the BATCH waits for return ass the tiimage-command seems to wait for

the panel connecting to the UDS (which I have not connected at the moment). But I thiink that works fine now.

I would like to solve that easy copying of this 2 javafiles for the panel, maybe also the BATCH asking for ths UDS´s COM-port :)

BTW Chris, can you have a look just on your systempanel ? there is mentioned if your acive JAVA1.8 is 32 or 64 bit...

and you should have a look there at "programs" for multiple old java-versions.

Ralf

post-41141-0-95941800-1430479749_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I figured it out:

This description has definetly 2 ERRORS:

http://pharos.ece.utexas.edu/wiki/index.php/How_to_Access_Your_Serial_Port_using_Java

They confuse JAVA32 with WIN32 and JAVA64 with WIN64 (!)

Yes, the applet starts if you copy the 64bit-files in windows64 to the Java32-folder, but there is shown an error (checkit :)

Maybe the applet runs, OK, but this is definetly an error most people do, confusing JAVA32/64 with Windows32/64 (!)

They tell you to check if you run Windows32 or 64, but they should MEAN JAVA 32 or 64.

Also, as MiZapf mentioned, there seems to be NO need to install the JAVA´s JDK

I have the BATCH now automatically copying the correct to files (RXTXcomm.jar & rxtxSerial.dll) to the correct destinations,

that works without any errors on starting the SerialBridge-Applet, (also you can choose the COMx-Port used by the UDS),

but at the moment this is only valid for my local JAVA-version, as I miss the possibility to theck the Java-path. will do that later.

But if you copy once the 2 files manually into the folders, it will run.

post-41141-0-23750600-1430486034_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-66776500-1430486041_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-28419700-1430486307_thumb.jpg

Edited by schmitzi

OK, I fiddled it ALL out :)

The BATCH now recognizes the exact JAVA-Version, 32 or 64 bit, and the installation-path,

also copys the 2 files needed for the Geneves SERIAL-BRIDGE-Module to the proper places (if not already exist)

Then it asks for the UDS´ serial-port and maps it :)

All should be fine now, no manual special action needed, just JAVA (JDK or JRE) shoulld be installed.

(The JRE is preferred if both exist)

post-41141-0-03184000-1430490842_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here the new version, with Option "4" for BBS over UDS on COMx, full auto java-config. Manual also corrected

If you are a new user to MESS, you need the BIG-ZIP once first (->PM), and then,

for all users, just copy the BATCH-file and the JAVA-RXTX-folder from this ZIP here into your MESS-Folder.

Have Fun, maybe see u on BBS :)

Waaaayy fancier than my MESS startup script:

#! /bin/bash
cd /home/robert/mess/
# Un-comment only ONE option below!!
# OPTION #1------------------------------------------------
# MESS with TI-99/4A:
###./mess64 ti99_4a -peb:slot2 speech -peb:slot3 samsmem -peb:slot4 pcode -peb:slot6 tirs232 -peb:slot8 hfdc -hard1 ~/mess/TI-HD.hd -cart ~/mess/ti_carts/extended_basic.rpk
# OPTION #2------------------------------------------------
# MESS with TI-99/4A and SNUG EVPC in slot 2:
./mess64 ti99_4ev -peb:slot3 speech -peb:slot4 samsmem -peb:slot5 pcode -peb:slot6 tirs232 -peb:slot8 hfdc -flop1 ~/mess/disks/BOOT.dsk -hard1 ~/mess/TI-HD.hd -gromport multi -cart1 ~/mess/ti_carts/rxb_2012.rpk -cart3 ~/mess/ti_carts/editor_assembler.rpk -cart4 ~/mess/ti_carts/extended_basic.rpk

Nice work Ralf. :)

• Like 1

oh, I like updates :)

This is only another small one again, recommended for "Option 4"-Users. The tiimage-tool is now included in the ZIP.

Thanks to MiZapf for permission.

Just unpack this ZIP here to your existing MESS-folder, ready. Also OK for first use of BATCH.

have fun.

schmitzi

Edited by schmitzi

OkeyDokey, some small changes and some more logging now :)

The SerialBridge-Applet is starting fine now, and should automatically close at the end.

Yes, things are getting better. But all fiddling here is only for Option 4, the UDS-connection.

Chris, at this point you should be able to use that. On problems, please just send me the LOG-file named

MESS-START-BATCH-LOG (in the MESS´main folder)

to 99er@toxic-instruments.com

Thanks,

schmitzi

PS: But this update is mandatory for ALL users, some small errors have been fixed on Options 1 - 3

Just unpack it to your messfolder (overwrite) , ready. Then start the BATCH. Maybe read the included manual before :)

MESS-START-TI99-1.10d-MANUAL.pdf

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BUMP :)

As MESS is now integrated into the MAME,

there´s a new version in Town: THE MAME AND MESS-Starter-Batch.

LookiLooki infos, a new Manual, and Download here, in the first post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237779-the-mame-mess-emulator-starter-batch-a-small-helper-4u/?p=3228574

please post any question and requests here, also if you wish special, modified configurations.

Have fun

Schmitzi

• 1 month later...