IGNORED

Lost all my games and systems

Oh my god, that's awful!!

Keep a sharp eye on local pawn shops, flea markets, and Craigslist ads. Odds are the thieves are gonna want to flip that stuff quickly. Get a police report too with as detailed a list as you can. Also, if you had any unique items or games with unusual markings on them, put an eBay search for them and we might be able to catch the thief.

Hope whoever took it is an idiot and shows off everything to sell where you can make positive ID as your own stuff.

What state do you live in? Some states like Michigan is full of people here and it would be very hard for a criminal to sell a large lot without everyone knowing it was stolen from you.

What if they sell it to GameStop?

Not really a joking matter... but I will anyway.

If they DO sell their pilfered goods to GameStop, they'll be equally ripped off so it'll be kinda square!

*edit* Seriously though... a fire, a flood, so many ways to lose a collection... but having it stolen?, my panties would be in such a bunch...

Edited by Torr
  • Like 1

not to pry, but did you know the approx value of your combined collection? (real value, not inflated ebay buy it now prices hehe)

does anyone think 'we' are too trusting on public forums and ebay. not to say a fellow collector did it. it was probably random?

was anything else stolen? or JUST your games?

was anything else stolen? or JUST your games?

Came home yesterday only to find out I had been robbed. They took all my electronics including all my video games. Guess they needed them more than I did. Now I have nothing to do and all my collecting down the drain. :(

--

That would be bastardized if a collector heisted the stuff. But I don't think that's the case. They took other items too. This could be sold out of a van or in a housing project. Sometimes people wait a long time to post things, so it might not show up immediately. Shit, they might wait out the statute of limitations! It might even be private one-on-one sales. So it may never go through ebay or craigslist. Or the beginnings of another collection for somebody else. You just don't know..

Did the police take fingerprints? Did they take photos? Did they do any investigation? Or'd they just have a cop come and fill out papers?

Insurance lapsed several months ago after mom passed away and so im not covered for anything.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Probably doesn't make you feel better, but it *is* just stuff, and stuff can be replaced. I hope things work out eventually.