IGNORED

Disney Infinity 3.0 - Star Wars

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen a few images for Infinity 3.0.
I like the design of the figures and would almost be interested in buying the figures alone, but the games... are just too expensive to get into.
Even after you get the starter kits, you tend to want something like 10+ other characters.

Too expensive to play an otherwise quite fun set of games. (Skylanders was the same way though.)

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

• 1 year later...

Disney has released the timeline for ending Disney Infinity online servers:

http://www.monamiibo.com/closure-timeline-for-disney-infinity

Mobile versions will end on Sept. 30th since they require online check-in to play. Uploading toy box creations for all other platforms will also end in September. Online multiplayer and downloading of toy boxes will remain online for consoles until March 3, 2017.

Edited by boog

I recently bought into the whole Disney Infinity thing as well... and now I have a box of figures that will probably sit unused...

I never used the online personally, but my understanding is, it basically amounts to visiting other people's toy box and virtually hanging out, or downloading levels other people have made that you can then play in. I'm no expert, I've probably played the game 10-15 hours but I think that's all the servers did. You can do a lot without the servers for sure, but it's pretty redundant stuff IMO. That said, I can see how young kids might enjoy the game. It's cool that each level is auto generated so that you don't play the same levels, unfortunately they also aren't terribly fun. Because the levels have to "work" that is you have to be able to get to the end, they are pretty much just random tiles strung together from point A to point B. With extremely repetitive tasks needed to be accomplished on the way. In Braves Forest Siege you find 3 cakes move to the next area and find 3 cakes etc...) You repeat this like 9 times and you win!! WOOT!! There are other real physical disks that you can collect that unlock stuff in Infinity including other levels, but they seem repetitive. For instance you might get a Level disk that looks suspiciously the Brave One, in this version you have those same random tiles, this time with a futuristic theme, and you have to find and kill all the enemy robots, then you can exit, then you can do that 8 more times and you win. You might get a new Lilo and Stitch disk, and it gives you the game Stich's Tropical Rescue. But it's just a reskinned mini-game that appears in the actual game, the waves and enemies act the same. Some disks change the background. (Basically more skins) There are some that give you powers and items I believe. Those are probably the most useful disks I guess. The whole thing to me seemed like a less fun, Disney version of Minecraft crossed with Skylanders.

There is a ton of stuff to explore and ways to decorate. It all came off as very bland to me, and obviously the more time you spend with it, especially if you have some of the physical disks to try out, the more familiar everything seems.. I guess kind of fun to waste an hour or two vegging. I had a lot more fun with Skylanders. I will agree though, the figures are great.

• Like 1

As someone who bought some content on the mobile version, I think it sucks that they're pulling it. If I liked the game more, I'd probably care a little about this.

Worst use of thirty bucks since I pedaled out to Murphy Mart to buy Vectron for Intellivision in 1983.

Oh. Oh dear. I'm so, so sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
A bit of a thread boost, sorry about that but I guess it's better than making a new thread.

I've just uploaded beta footage of the original Disney Infinity for Xbox 360. It's features a full debug menu plus many differences from the final game.

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]