IGNORED

Is the original Rayman for PS literally impossible?

I was reading online that to beat Rayman on PS I have to collect all of the cages in all of the levels. The problem is that some of them seem impossible to get. I don't mean that I suck or don't know how to get them, I mean that I've been to websites with maps of the levels and they don't match up with what is in the actual game. There are missing trumpets in Allegro Pesto which keep me from getting a cage in the top of the second part of the level. In Bongo Hills there is a spot where there should be a gap that I can fly that mushroom thing through, but there are nothing but spiked balls. Is there some kind of game error, or is this just the way the game is designed? Is it possible to beat the game without collecting all the cages? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I played the Sega Saturn version and found 100% of the Electoons, I am pretty sure its the exact same game. You can beat the game without getting all the Electoon Cages, but I believe you won't get to the 'real ending' or the final boss battle that way.

From what I remember, getting all the Electoons is seriously challenging. I had to use a 20-lives code over and over, and I read hints, and it was still frustrating to do. You have to open up certain hidden areas by physically going to certain locations - you'll hear a chime or sound effect indicating something has opened up.

I found this youtube walkthrough - is it this level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XoJy9FYS1w

I played the Sega Saturn version and found 100% of the Electoons, I am pretty sure its the exact same game. You can beat the game without getting all the Electoon Cages, but I believe you won't get to the 'real ending' or the final boss battle that way.

From what I remember, getting all the Electoons is seriously challenging. I had to use a 20-lives code over and over, and I read hints, and it was still frustrating to do. You have to open up certain hidden areas by physically going to certain locations - you'll hear a chime or sound effect indicating something has opened up.

I found this youtube walkthrough - is it this level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XoJy9FYS1w

Hey that is the part I was talking about! Why isn't that happening on my disc? Am I just not standing in the right spot? It seems like I stepped everywhere and did everything. I"m starting to have my doubts about this game

Okay, It appears that video is from the PC version and the extra level might not be there on the PSX version. I didn't see any electoon cages in that part though, so I'm not sure what the problem really is.

Try this youtube video if you want a playthrough of the PSX version on that level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRsDVvrJ2A

It's impossible for me, but for a different reason.

I've bought this game twice. Once was a used copy which looked pristine, but sadly, it doesn't load past the PS1 bootup sequence. The second was a NIB Greatest Hits copy, and that one doesn't even seem to be recognized as a PS1 disc. And I've tried each on my PSOne, both of my PS2's, and my PS3.

I wasn't meant to play this game, apparently.

Edited by Atariboy

It's impossible for me, but for a different reason.

I've bought this game twice. Once was a used copy which looked pristine, but sadly, it doesn't load past the PS1 bootup sequence. The second was a NIB Greatest Hits copy, and that one doesn't even seem to be recognized as a PS1 disc. And I've tried each on my PSOne, both of my PS2's, and my PS3.

I wasn't meant to play this game, apparently.

Try the Saturn version! :)