IGNORED

old Ideas

mvirtuale

I'm not a programmer and do not know anything about electronics.
I'm just a guy who loves the lynx.
The first and only console I own.

When I was a kid, I wrote what I would have liked for the console.
Today and I found the notebook and I read:

1) I wanted to play Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter

2) connect via wireless 2 lynx.

3) connect the lynx with the emulator handy

4) connect the lynx on TV

Point 4 was fulfilled. :grin:

What you would have liked for the lynx?

Point 5: play Lynx game via flash cart to play prototype games or homemade games. I'm waiting on the SD card model.

Point 6: A decent old school RPG game like Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (like Wyvern...)

Point 2 sounds good but I don't know how it could be implemented. I'm guessing to avoid messed up connection due to multiple Lynxes like at a convention, they need to connect to a specific host by specific frequency? And be able to change "channel" to join different Lynx network. Lynx uses only 3 lines to connect to other Lynx (ground, power, and data) and via wireless, it could be possible to implement it. The leaves one other question, how to make Lynx talk to each other during multi-player game without data collision due to 2 or more talking at the same time? Lastly, how can this be done without getting FCC involved? If we use public RF, we risk interference from other public devices. If we used less common RF, it could cause problem that we won't realize (ie some firemen's walkie-talkie doesn't work anymore because we're too close to them?)

Point 5: play Lynx game via flash cart to play prototype games or homemade games. I'm waiting on the SD card model.

Point 6: A decent old school RPG game like Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (like Wyvern...)

Point 2 sounds good but I don't know how it could be implemented. I'm guessing to avoid messed up connection due to multiple Lynxes like at a convention, they need to connect to a specific host by specific frequency? And be able to change "channel" to join different Lynx network. Lynx uses only 3 lines to connect to other Lynx (ground, power, and data) and via wireless, it could be possible to implement it. The leaves one other question, how to make Lynx talk to each other during multi-player game without data collision due to 2 or more talking at the same time? Lastly, how can this be done without getting FCC involved? If we use public RF, we risk interference from other public devices. If we used less common RF, it could cause problem that we won't realize (ie some firemen's walkie-talkie doesn't work anymore because we're too close to them?)

Just for fun I bought a handful of 433MHz OSK transmitters and receivers. With these you could make a wireless ComLynx network. The only problem is that max speed is about 2400 bauds. On the other hand the price is right (around 3 €) and the form factor also (like a lipstick that you plug into the ComLynx port). The frequency is in the allowed band. With suitable code into RedEye this could be an option for at least turn based games.

If one Lynx sends a 0-bit the transmitter sends a burst. If you send a 1-bit you are silent. Just like ComLynx.