IGNORED

For those who've seen the new Daredevil series on Netflix...

NinjaFlicker

doubdragon-1.pngdoubdragon-2.png

Is it just me, or does this look less like Double Dragon, and more like Mat Murdoch in his original costume, Karen Page, and Wilson Fisk? I know hair wise, we're dealing with the graphical limitations of the Atari 2600, and a quick cash-in besides, but check out that lives icon - it's clearly meant to be something more ninja-like. Also, just like in the series, the hero often gets his ass handed to him, because the enemies don't stay stunned after a punch, and they never let up once they've got the upper hand.

Seriously how hard it is to program an enemy sprite that doesn't fight back right away? Doing nothing is their default state. I could program an enemy sprite acting like they've just suffered serious head trauma, and I don't even know how to program a microwave.

But my point is - actually, I don't really have one. I just thought it was a fun coincidence, because I'm about to watch the last episode of Daredevil, and this game got me hyped up for it.

Edited by NinjaFlicker

I don't really care what you think is this or that...

the point is:

Daredevil kicks ass

Double Dragon on VCS kicks ass

They are on par.

But please... people, read a Daredevil comic book, even if just one, and even if they might cost $4 a month to keep the story going, they ARE totally worth it... and way batter than any Netflix series, regardless of how much CPU generated blood and titty shadows they may include.

• Like 1