IGNORED

My trip to Game Over Video Games. A huuuuuuge retro gamers paradise!

I wanted to share with everyone a huge classic and modern video game store near where I live. It is called Game Over Video Games. It is located in Arlington, TX which is sandwiched between Dallas and Ft. Worth. I took a ton of photos inside and I will detail everything. Hope you enjoy it!!! :-)

Here we have Atari 2600 games and accessories, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Sega Master System, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, SNES, Playstation, and N64 games and accessories.

post-32978-0-53615800-1430607256_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-96377700-1430607301_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-03576000-1430607344_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-58761700-1430607640_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-33410100-1430607768_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-73515200-1430607817_thumb.jpg

Lastly a bunch of various consoles. As listed. Atari Super Pong, Atari Ultra Pong, coleco Telstar, Coleco Telstar Alpha, APF TV Fun, Tele Games Pinball and Breakaway, Atari Video Pinball, Coleco Combat, Magnavox Odyssey 200, Magnavox Oddysey 3000, Fairchild Channel F, Atari 2600 4 Switch Woody, Atari 2600 Light Sixer, Atari 400 Computer, Commodore 64, Sears Super Video Arcade, Intellivision 2, NES with R.O.B the Robot, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis model 1 with Model 1 Sega CD, Sega Genesis model 2 with model 2 Sega CD, Model 1 SNES, Model 2 SNES, N64, Sega Saturn, Atari Jaguar with CD attachment, Panasonic 3DO, Neo Geo CD, Japanese Sega Saturn, Playstation 1 slim, Nintendo Game cubes, Xbox halo edition and Mountain Dew edition, Atari Touch Me, Mattel Classic Baseball, mattel Basketball 2, Mattel Classic Football, mattel Classic Football 2, Mattel Basketball, Mattel Football, Mattel Soccer 2, Mattel Hockey, Mattel Space Alert, Nintendo Game Boy, Game Boy Colors, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, DS Lite, Sony PSP, Sega Game Gear, Atari Lynx, Tiger Game.com, Tron, Pac Man, Neo Geo Pocket, and Game Axe.

post-32978-0-32781200-1430611760_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-85271600-1430611794_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-71603500-1430611833_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-17386800-1430611863_thumb.jpg

It pales in comparison to The Toyratt in Ontario. I WANT TO GO THERE BEFORE I DIE!!! Now that place is awesome!!

Why do you think Toyratt's better? It definitely isn't. I say this as someone who lives 30min from Toyratt and have been there a lot. I rarely buy anything from there, as their prices are usually way too high.

I've spent a decent chunk of money at Game Over, in both San Antonio and Houston. They have a better selection than Toyratt and their stock is usually in better condition. They also tend to have really good prices, considering they're a retail store.

Why do you think Toyratt's better? It definitely isn't. I say this as someone who lives 30min from Toyratt and have been there a lot. I rarely buy anything from there, as their prices are usually way too high.

I've spent a decent chunk of money at Game Over, in both San Antonio and Houston. They have a better selection than Toyratt and their stock is usually in better condition. They also tend to have really good prices, considering they're a retail store.

I've seen several youtube videos of the place and I thought they have more stuff than Game Over from what it looked. I thought the prices would be half decent at least. So they overcharge? And also the vinyl and movies sold there got me intrigued as well. You know better than me since you are in proximity.

Hardware is quite overpriced at Toyratt, unless they're having some sort of sale (as they do over the holidays). You'll usually be able to get cheaper prices on eBay.

Games are typically priced at the high end of the eBay scale and their quality is usually less than you'd get for the same price on eBay. Games which are in high demand are priced higher than eBay, as he's historically been able to successfully sell at those prices. The few games I've bought there were only purchased because I wanted them for that specific weekend, so I paid a premium in order to not wait for shipping of an eBay purchase.

Don't get too excited over his vinyl. If you come to Toronto, I'll point you to much better stores to buy music. He doesn't seem to care at all about the condition of the vinyl he purchases. Most of what I've looked at there would be turned away at other stores or thrown in a bargain bin.

• Like 1

Hardware is quite overpriced at Toyratt, unless they're having some sort of sale (as they do over the holidays). You'll usually be able to get cheaper prices on eBay.

Games are typically priced at the high end of the eBay scale and their quality is usually less than you'd get for the same price on eBay. Games which are in high demand are priced higher than eBay, as he's historically been able to successfully sell at those prices. The few games I've bought there were only purchased because I wanted them for that specific weekend, so I paid a premium in order to not wait for shipping of an eBay purchase.

Don't get too excited over his vinyl. If you come to Toronto, I'll point you to much better stores to buy music. He doesn't seem to care at all about the condition of the vinyl he purchases. Most of what I've looked at there would be turned away at other stores or thrown in a bargain bin.

Awesome!! And I appreciate the heads up! I've heard many raving about Toyratt and thought it would be an awesome place. Now I know. Game Over is awesome anyways and the prices are very good too. Lot of good specials sometimes. Buy 2 get one free. And you get 10% off your purchase if you check in on facebook. I live in North Dallas and it's a bit of a drive for me. (35-40 miles). There is a couple in Austin, couple in San Antonio, Houston, and there is also one in Seattle, WA. The only one outside of Texas. I heard many people rave about Toyratt as well.

• Like 1

I think those who rave about Toyratt haven't been to many retro game stores. If you want to buy from a store, it's the best option in the area. There are other options in Toronto, but they're much smaller stores and have even higher prices, as they're located in downtown Toronto which comes with higher property costs. I just find there's little reason to go there. I stop in at Toyratt whenever I visit a friend who lives in Milton. If it weren't for that, I'd likely never head out there.

I used to trade with Toyratt a lot a few years ago. Being 3+ hours away negates actual trips and he was always nice and threw in extra goodies in any mail based trade we did. He doesn't do that anymore and I can't really blame him. Too much of a hassle. I had heard his prices were pretty high but his store does look great and the selection, while perhaps not like the store mentioned at the beginning of this article, kicks the living crap outta the local game stores here in Windsor.

Don't judge Game Over by their website. It's run as a separate company and the prices can be quite different at the store. With that said, it's still a physical store, which has overhead costs, so don't go expecting to find prices as if you were buying from the marketplace here or Kijiji.