IGNORED

My trip to Game Over Video Games. A huuuuuuge retro gamers paradise!

I think those who rave about Toyratt haven't been to many retro game stores. If you want to buy from a store, it's the best option in the area. There are other options in Toronto, but they're much smaller stores and have even higher prices, as they're located in downtown Toronto which comes with higher property costs. I just find there's little reason to go there. I stop in at Toyratt whenever I visit a friend who lives in Milton. If it weren't for that, I'd likely never head out there.

I checked out a few youtube videos of the toyratt. That guy is an idiot!! Thinks 4 switch woodys are made in Sunnyvale...... :lol: Just remember. You need to wear oven mitts when handling Atari 2600 systems from Toyratt. "It's so hot you can barely hold it!" What a douche.

Here's another!!!! And this is the deal, THIS IS THE DEAL!!!!!!! He is offering a free.. FREE Atari 2600 If another place sells it cheaper than at The Toyratt....... Doesn't even mention how much it costs lol.

Edited by Retrogamer81081

I live in the area, but I've never made the trip over to Arlington. I have visited one of their locations in Austin however. The staff was nice and knowledgeable, but I found the prices to be too high for what I wanted. Luckily it seems that the local throngs have not flocked over there to sell their old stuff because Craigslist is still pretty active.

FYI - There is another retro game store in Plano called FX Game Exchange that was about the same in terms of price. They also offer repair services for pretty cheap. I talked to the repair tech and he was a great guy - we swapped mod stories. I got a broken Wii almost free in a deal at one point and took it to them because I didn't feel like fixing it - $40.

I live in the area, but I've never made the trip over to Arlington. I have visited one of their locations in Austin however. The staff was nice and knowledgeable, but I found the prices to be too high for what I wanted. Luckily it seems that the local throngs have not flocked over there to sell their old stuff because Craigslist is still pretty active.

FYI - There is another retro game store in Plano called FX Game Exchange that was about the same in terms of price. They also offer repair services for pretty cheap. I talked to the repair tech and he was a great guy - we swapped mod stories. I got a broken Wii almost free in a deal at one point and took it to them because I didn't feel like fixing it - $40.

I know where that is!! Custer and Parker. Colin Creek and Stonebriar have CGX stores but are just insane pricewise. I saw a 4 switch woody vcs with 1 joystick and hookups with orange paint faded for $90!!!!! I told them. That should be worth no more than $25. And they threw me out lol. About a couple months ago at Game Over a girl working there brought out a Colecovision a customer wanted to get and put a cart to test it. She had a hard time as shebwas plugging it into the Expansion Module. And was confused. I snatched the game out of her hand and plugged it where it belongs. I said. That is for the Atari 2600 adapter. The expansion module 1. Damn, who hired her :lol: I live in North Dallas!!

• Like 1

I used to love FX Game Exchange. All pre-NES games had the same price, 2 or 3 dollars depending on the system. I picked up tons of 2600 games from the various stores until they finally wisened up and started charging eBay prices. I have picked up a few things from Game Over over the years, but not a whole lot. Console Game Exchange has always had high prices. I have found a few deals there, but not many.