IGNORED

Opcode Games News - Q2 2015

opcode

Just wanted to give everybody a quick update on Opcode Games activities and plans for Q2 and beyond.

But first, I believe you guys deserve some explanations. As I assume most of you probably noticed, I have been absent for a while. So what happened, you ask? Well, I had a few personal issues that aren’t worth discussing here, but enough to say they are mostly behind me now. I recently got engaged, my fiancé, Grazy, happens to be a gamer, and in fact she has a small video game related business, but I will leave that to her to discuss. Fact is, she wants me to get Opcode Games back on track, and she is in fact helping me with that.

But before we get there, we have a few more things we need to take care of first. Just like me, Grazy is from Brazil. Problem is, she still lives there. So I have been working hard to bring her to the US in the next couple of months. It helps that I have just started the process to become an US citizen, as I have been living in America since 2006.

Anyways, it will take a few months until we have settled down in our new life, so we aren’t planning anything big for Opcode this year. Next year though will be a different story… J

But enough of my personal life, let’s get to the updates…

Opcode Games website and email

Opcode Games website is moving to a new host. During that time, both the website and email won’t be available. Everything should be back to normal by the end of next week.

Super Game Module

Right now my priority is to ship the SGM to all pre-orders of the 2nd run.

I am ready to ship the remaining 12 SGMs I have this week, and by July we should get the full shipment of SGMs from factory.

However, since the order for the assembled PCBs won't be placed until later this month, there is time to pre-order. In case you might be interested, here is the link with instructions:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211340-super-game-module-second-run/

Once the order for PCBs has been placed, I won't be able to accept new orders, and you might have to wait until the 3rd run, if we ever have one.

After the regular 2nd run is out, I will take care of the French SCART edition.

It is all about the games...

I think it is safe to say that the SGM has changed the face of the ColecoVision homebrew scene and have become a platform in itself. By the end of this year, about 3 dozen different games will be available for the module, with many more to come.

However, it is ironic that Opcode Games itself hasn’t released a single SGM title yet. But that is about to change…

When I created the SGM, I was mainly aiming to create a device that would allow me to offer more faithful arcade ports on the ColecoVision. Starting in 2016, we will hopefully start to see that finally happening. Grazy and I have made a decision to concentrate our resources on what I do best. MSX ports are cool, and they made a lot of sense when I started releasing them in 2004, but now, with 2 publishers already releasing dozens of such games a year, we felt the ColecoVision community is already well served in that area, so starting in 2016, Opcode Games will become a publisher exclusively for arcade ports. We have created a tentative schedule for the first 3 years, which will share in the near future, comprising of 9 titles. Creating really faithful arcade ports the same level of Pac-Man Collection takes time, so that is why we can only offer a couple of games a year. But we believe it will well worth the time/wait. When the ColecoVision released in 1982, it soon became the definitive platform for quality arcade ports, so that is our desire to honor that.

More to come… please stay tuned. J

• Like 10

Opcode Games website is moving to a new host. During that time, both the website and email won’t be available. Everything should be back to normal by the end of next week.

However, since the order for the assembled PCBs won't be placed until later this month, there is time to pre-order. In case you might be interested, here is the link with instructions:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211340-super-game-module-second-run/

This implies that you will not be able to receive payment notifications from Paypal until your e-mail is back up... :)

This implies that you will not be able to receive payment notifications from Paypal until your e-mail is back up... :)

That is not a problem, as I don't trust email notifications anyway. I always check directly from my Paypal account.

UPDATE:

It had been a while since I last checked my wait lists for the SGM and DKA. Well, for my surprise there are now 1000 people in that list. That is right, 1000 names. So here is what we are going to do:

- After the 2nd run, we will produce a 3rd run shortly. Our goal is to ship about 500 modules by the end of 2015. That is the number of printed box and manuals we have in stock.

- After that, as long as we can get 200 more orders, there would be a 4th run in 2016.

Grazy has become officially the producer for all Opcode Games projects. So now you know who is to be blamed in case something doesn't get released on the promised time frame... :P

• Like 2

UPDATE:

It had been a while since I last checked my wait lists for the SGM and DKA. Well, for my surprise there are now 1000 people in that list. That is right, 1000 names. So here is what we are going to do:

- After the 2nd run, we will produce a 3rd run shortly. Our goal is to ship about 500 modules by the end of 2015. That is the number of printed box and manuals we have in stock.

- After that, as long as we can get 200 more orders, there would be a 4th run in 2016.

Did you say a t...ttt...Th... THOUSAND??!?!??!?!? :o What did you do, get a supply contract with the US military???

Seriously, is that 500 names for the SGM and 500 more for DKA? Or 1000 names recorded for both? I dunno, it sounds like a hacker got into your pre-order system and decided to play a cruel joke on you... :P

Grazy has become officially the producer for all Opcode Games projects. So now you know who is to be blamed in case something doesn't get released on the promised time frame... :P

Yeah... you. :P ;)

• Like 1

Did you say a t...ttt...Th... THOUSAND??!?!??!?!? :o What did you do, get a supply contract with the US military???

Seriously, is that 500 names for the SGM and 500 more for DKA? Or 1000 names recorded for both? I dunno, it sounds like a hacker got into your pre-order system and decided to play a cruel joke on you... :P

Nope, we got 900 names for the SGM alone.

Yeah... you. :P ;)

Honestly, I only signed up 899 times...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...