IGNORED

Just got my spankin new JagCD!

bender3455

After failing to be able to fix my old JagCD unit, I put it in a box in my closet (to tackle at a future date), and purchased a brand new unit from Best. This new unit is gorgeous! Serial number was 799, and it fired up and I was playing Philia in no time (after a quick chip swap). I'm definitely glad to be back in the CD game time again!

• Like 3

That's good to know. When I was looking into getting games like Robinsons Requiem and Philia, I kept seeing things about needing a bypass cart or bios chip in order to play them. I like the fact that they'll actually play on the legit hardware.

Not sure where you would've read that, both of those are encrypted. As CJ pointed out, unencrypted games are really a relic of the past.

PS. Enjoy the Jag CD!

• Like 1

In order to play the homebrew games, you either have to use a bypass cart, or replace the bios chip with one that will boot the homebrews. I like to swap the bios chip so I can still use a memory track for saving games :)

I've got a hacked bios chip in my CD unit too, though now it's no longer needed or a bypass cart due to the Jagtopia CD from Reboot. just boot it up first with a stock Jag CD and memory cart. That's for the few homebrews that haven't already been retro-encrypted (heck, I even have an encrypted version of the "problem" version of Soul Star now). In fact, IIRK, the jiffi program from reboot will encrypt any Jag cd file with the ULS for booting with stock equipment.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Love the Jag CD too. Never thought I would, but I do, out of first hand experience.

I am more of a cartridge guy, always hated cd systems passionately (even though I have Amiga cd32 and Dreamcast) but got the opportunity to buy the JagCD and I have changed my mind concerning old cd systems. It's kind of cool too, today.

It's a very fun add, gives 10+ games and homebrews on top of the 60 carts, I must say I'm very pleased with my purchase. The add-on is like building an extra floor on your house. It gives "extra" to your life. It has a future: games will come more often on CD:s than on carts. And Jag CD is an inner circle to this hobby. Can you really discuss everything about Jaguar if you don't have it, only able to watch the games on it on youtube?

Buy the Jag CD today, of miss out. As I see it, watching ebay, the collecting of the items I got these few month back, is not as lucrative today (for the buyer). In just like 3 months I see all of the items I got are more rare than in January this year. Glad I opened my wallet here, making some fast moves. So get it or miss out on Jaguar's future of homebrews.

The amount of indie developers here at this forum is very large, and they got the skills and the passion to create really cool stuff, and better and better stuff.

Edited by Atlantis

Aaaaand that's where I stopped caring.

This is not facebook with gathering of likes... I'm afraid.

It's the sub-war: old school against new school, within the general war all against all individuals... it's there even if you don't know about it or care.

Care for what you like, it's only a part of an argument for the cd add-on. Continue to post every fortnight saying you don't care. I don't care.

"ENTELING BATTLE ZONE!"

Correct, you got the words and the picture to work fine in understanding, good. You see yourself as Jackie Chan?

These pictures reminds me a lot of the pictures you could add in MS Word back around 2000, that people working in offices thought looked cool combined with the comic sans font. Seems to help you guys express yourself.

Everybody knows the Jag CD is the worst ever thing to buy, at least for everybody who does'nt know it and just heard that and repeat :D

Despite whatever bad reputation it can have, just click on my signature and you will see all the homebrews I could play thanks to it (+ some commercial games on CD): that's all matters.

• Like 1