IGNORED

Sam's Journey

Dexter

Wow, Sam's Journey looks incredibly nice for being a C64 game. Even better than Mayham in Monsterland, which makes the Gianna Sisters look like crap in comparison. That's no where near possible on a standard ti994a, but one with an F18A should be able to pull that off just fine.

On Alex Kidd... I've been slacking and haven't worked on that for a couple of months now... I hit a wall when I ran out of memory and couldn't find a compression/decompression scheme that is fast enough for the smooth scrolling. I could do an F18A version first, since that would be a lot easier, but I want to make something for the stock console and let the F18A shine through hardware optimizations and additions. I haven't forsaken the project though, I will get back to it... someday, hopefully someday soon :)

Wow, Sam's Journey looks incredibly nice for being a C64 game. Even better than Mayham in Monsterland, which makes the Gianna Sisters look like crap in comparison.

I very much agree, even though the colors on the demo animations are boosted, it still would look incredible on a real C64.

but one with an F18A should be able to pull that off just fine.

Especially with the new functions in the V1.6 firmware. \o/

I hit a wall when I ran out of memory and couldn't find a compression/decompression scheme that is fast enough for the smooth scrolling. I could do an F18A version first

Hitting a wall is terrible now that you’ve come that far. :( I’d definitely go for a F18A version. You get memory space and raster time back, and you could probably use the initial original colors in your first post. I don’t know how many but according to my order number from Matthew, there are a lot of F18A’s out there.

So why not use it?

Nevertheless, Alex Kidd looks fantastic so far. BTW, I also like It’s Magic for the C64.