IGNORED

Sudoku Solver

It's been a while, but here is an updated version. While porting this to the BBC Micro some problems were found in relation to how harder puzzles were being solved (e.g. BIGED.SUD on the disk). As a result of this there was a bit of a major rewrite, but as a result.

• It's a bit faster.
  • It can solve harder puzzles more consistently. I found a list of ~26,000 really hard puzzles and it (well, the BBC version, but it's the same algorithm) managed to arrive at a valid solution for all of them. The first 10 of these are on the disk as EL*.SUD. That took a few days...
  • There's a splash of colour.
  • It can also import a puzzle from a text file (see TEXT01.TXT on the disk for the format) in a format which seems fairly common online.

Jeremy

Sudoku-20191221.atr

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

My first reaction to this program was not about the sudoku itself but the amount of colors used in text mode !

After taking a quick look I saw PM or PMG... Player Missiles Graphics ?

So you finally found a real "practical" use of those low res features of Antic ?

If so, i really congratulate you on this... I tought I had seen everything yet about atari programming !

DLI interrupt, chrset definition, VBI, Timers, DMA....

I really look forward to analyze your source code !

Edited by Eric Rousseau