IGNORED

Meetup at Portland Retro Gaming Expo on Oct 17th-18th

Does anyone want to meet up for dinner on Saturday?

The vendor floor closes at 5:30pm but then there is an auction at 6:30pm. In past years, the PRGE auction runs more-or-less on time so we'd likely be out of the auction around 8:30. I would recommend heading out early for dinner at 4:30 or 5:00 so that we'd have time to get to a restaurant, order, eat, and return to the convention hall. Alternatively, we could have the dinner after the auction.

At present, I'm tentatively not planning to be at PRGE on Sunday since the wife wants to spend time together, but I haven't fully committed to that yet.

I think we should have dinner afterwards so we have more time to hang out and plus Portland has lots of weirdly named beers that you can try.

Once again as is my tradition I'll be sporting my Chun-li t-shirt so I'm easy to spot in the crowd.

Please introduce yourself if you see me (y-bot booth right at the front entrance.) I'm trying to work out a deal for a blue 1-player Computer Space and I have questions.

Also, here's the PRGE definition of homebrew:

Homebrew is a term frequently applied to video games or other software produced by consumers to target proprietary hardware platforms (usually with hardware restrictions) not typically user-programmable or that use proprietary storage methods. Homebrew games for older systems are typically developed using emulators for convenience, since testing them requires no extra hardware on the part of the programmer.

Hi, Boulder Dash!

Sadly, they don't have Piggy Bank listed. :(

Since I won't be there, would you guys want to record a group segment talking about the show (primarily focusing on Intellivision-related things), and I can include it in a future podcast episode? You'd be 'field correspondents" for the show.

Or if you don't want to do a group thing, maybe one of you wants to do something in his own - along the same lines?

Since I won't be there, would you guys want to record a group segment talking about the show (primarily focusing on Intellivision-related things), and I can include it in a future podcast episode? You'd be 'field correspondents" for the show.

Or if you don't want to do a group thing, maybe one of you wants to do something in his own - along the same lines?

I'm envisioning someone carrying around a tape recorder and microphone. :lol: I guess these days you can just record on your phone.

This is a great idea, and as you know I'm one to talk at length. I should practice my old-timey WW2 correspondent voice. If anyone who knows how to capture reasonably clean audio, we should do a roundup of the state of Intellivision at PRGE. I suspect 50% of the time will be talking about Piggy Bank, unless by chance a vendor has something unusual. I've noticed that the poor Inty seems somewhat under-represented at these things.

Informally meeting up at y-bot's table is a really good idea. He's a good person to hang out with in general and his table has some really cool stuff on display and for sale.

As for dinner, it sounds like meeting after the auction has a slight lead so far. Theoretically, there is a third option to simple skip the auction since they haven't published any Intellivision items for sale. However, there can be last minute auction items that show up and there will certainly be some of folks here that also to collect for the other systems.

As for the list of folks, it is just the people who reply to this thread.

Please introduce yourself if you see me (y-bot booth right at the front entrance.) I'm trying to work out a deal for a blue 1-player Computer Space and I have questions.

Will do! When you say it's the y-bot booth you mean that's the actual name? Is there an easy way to find yours cuz last year I had a hard time finding some KLOV people's booths.

As to a meet up for dinner, alas I won't be able to join up with you fine AA folks but do enjoy. :)

I'm envisioning someone carrying around a tape recorder and microphone. :lol: I guess these days you can just record on your phone.

This is a great idea, and as you know I'm one to talk at length. I should practice my old-timey WW2 correspondent voice. If anyone who knows how to capture reasonably clean audio, we should do a roundup of the state of Intellivision at PRGE. I suspect 50% of the time will be talking about Piggy Bank, unless by chance a vendor has something unusual. I've noticed that the poor Inty seems somewhat under-represented at these things.

That would be great! And yeah, I'd love to hear your WW2 correspondent voice.

Will do! When you say it's the y-bot booth you mean that's the actual name? Is there an easy way to find yours cuz last year I had a hard time finding some KLOV people's booths.

As to a meet up for dinner, alas I won't be able to join up with you fine AA folks but do enjoy. :)

My booth is next to AtariAge right when you walk in the door.

http://retrogamingexpo.com/expo_floorplan.php