IGNORED

Your oldest game -- ie the Game you've personally owne the longest

Pac-Man and the 4 switcher didn't exist in '78 (not even the arcade game). It was a pack in but much later in the 2600's life.

Hmm... well, I remember having the 2600 as far back as being a couple of years old... so maybe she got it in ~1980 or 81? Guess I don't know if PAC MAN was the pack-in, but my mom had a bunch of games with the 2600 at that point. I was born in 78, so I wouldn't have remembered at 1... hah.

I think the oldest game i bought myself and still have would be Ferrari Formula One by E.A. That i bought in 1989 for pc. We had a pong before but that one is gone. We also had a cpc464 but i only had 1"backup" game for it.

Not as old as any of the others, but the oldest game that I have, that was mine since new, is a tie between the two games I got together for Christmas in like '91 or so with my TurboGrafx-16: Keith Courage and Legendary Axe.

I had other games and systems before it, but no longer have the same ones. (Had 2600 and NES, but lost the former in a house fire and lost the latter in a garage sale back when I was still a stupid teenager.)

I abandoned my beloved 5200 and all its games back in 1996 or so, thinking I'd never find operating controllers for it again. I dumped my original 2600 and all it's games back in 2002. I thought emulation would take care of my 2600 needs from then on. Yeah, stupid. But to be fair, my original 2600 and games were in bad shape.

My other old 80s era gaming devices like my Vic-20, Adam Computer, Commodore 64, and Apple IIc succumbed to the horrible environments I lived in, and I didn't bother keeping any of the games.

Because of this, the game which I can definitely say has been in my possession the longest is Star Control for the Sega Genesis. I bought it when I purchased my original Sega Genesis in August of 1992.

There may be an exception. At one point I had an Intellivision ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS cartridge. When I gave the Intellivision 2 I had been borrowing back to its original owner, for some reason I remained in possession of the AD&D cart. I had that cart around for years. I THINK I tossed that in a box during my 1996 exodus. If so, it's probably in my Intellivsion collection, but I'm not entirely sure. If so, I've had that particular cartridge since 1985 or 1986.

Not as old as any of the others, but the oldest game that I have, that was mine since new, is a tie between the two games I got together for Christmas in like '91 or so with my TurboGrafx-16: Keith Courage and Legendary Axe.

I had other games and systems before it, but no longer have the same ones. (Had 2600 and NES, but lost the former in a house fire and lost the latter in a garage sale back when I was still a stupid teenager.)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who lost all his early stuff, but it is sad to hear about the games going up in flames or dumb antics of teenagers.

• Like 1

I actually don't know or remember.

It is due to the fact that I remembered getting an Intellivision 2, system charger for playing Atari 2600 games on the intellivison 2, and Intellivoice for Christmas back in 1983 or 1984.

The catch is I didn't play video games at all at home from 85 to 87. What I remembered was when I got into video games again in late 87, there was a box full of 2600 games. I also remembered seeing Intellivsion games also in their game boxes like Burgertime, Demon Attack, and Atlantis. The thing is I remembered an Atari 2600 cartridge binder that included stuff like the 2600 version of Defender.

Edited by 8th lutz

I remember scrounging for every cent I had so that I could buy Front Line when it was first released for the ColecoVision. It was $50.00. According to the inflation calculator, that like dropping $120.00 on a singe game today.

For me as a kid, that was a pretty big purchase. Ultimately, I did buy it that day. And I played the crap out of it. I eventually got my money's worth, but it took awhile.

My brother recently gave away our old SNES and PS1, but fortunately he didn't give away my personal PS1 games. After thinking about it, I guess the only one left that I had as a kid would be a PS1 Greatest Hits copy of Mega Man X4. I bought it for myself at KB Toys when I was 12.

None of the systems and games I had growing up with from the mid-late 80's/early 90's era survived due to moving,systems/games breaking,etc..

But the oldest system I still have in my possession and still play the heck out of is my NES 8-bit that I bought from Funcoland(anyone remember that store chain?) back in the summer of 1998. First game I bought for that NES that I still have is Gauntlet 2!

So the game I've clung onto the longest also happens to be one of my most favorite games of all-time lol. So many funny great memories of playing that one with friends over the years as well.

So Gauntlet 2 FTW!!!! :P :love:

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

Most likely the Combat cart, though my games & 2600 have changed hands within my family/relatives over the decades.

If not that Combat, then Demon Attack I got for Xmas in 1982 or 83, Mom forgot the pricetag on it...$29.99

Oldest game, probably the Pong/shooter console clone, I think it's a Tandy one and I'd guess made sometime between 1976-1980.

Other contenders - got at least one Combat cartridge for 2600, and Asteroids & Star Raider(s) carts for the computer.

My first Atari was given at Christmas in 1982, along with the games Combat, Defender, Space Invaders, Video Pinball, Outlaw, and Donkey Kong. Except for Donkey Kong, I've had those games in my collection constantly ever since, however I cannot say for sure I still have the same actual cartridges. Most likely I don't. I'm fairly certain I have the same Star Fox that I found for 99 cents on a clearance table back in the day. That was probably during the crash, which would put it around 1984 or 1985.

I still have a lot of the original disks that I bought for the Apple II and Commodore 64 way back when, but I didn't get those systems until after their heyday. If I'm doing my math right, it was Christmas of 1988 when I got my own Apple IIe and then 1991 or so when I got my first Commodore 64. I'm pretty sure everything else in my collection came more recently.