IGNORED

Wanted: TRS-80 Model III or 4

Tempest

I'm looking for a TRS-80 Model III, 4, or 4P (preferably a 4) in good working condition. Extra accessories and games a plus. Here's what I have for trade:

Atari 5200

• Nearly complete Atari 5200 boxed collection (only missing some of the rarest ones like BBSB, DSB, and Zaxxon although I have the last two loose)
  • Atari 5200 REI Starcon joystick (less than 50 were made I believe)
  • Atari 5200 Mastplay Interface (NIB)
  • Various other 5200 items (2600 adapter, various 3rd party controllers, etc.)

Spectravideo SV-328

• Spectravideo SV-328 system (NTSC) with F18a for VGA output (can still do composite and RF)
  • SV-903 Cassette Drive
  • SV-601 Super Expander with SV-801 Disk Drive card
  • Lots of programs on cassette (with liner inserts)
  • Just Write jr cartridge boxed

Astrocade

• Working Astrocade system with Ward Shrake Multicart and 4 joysticks (with numbers 1-4 stickers)

Intellivision

• Boxed US Intellivision ECS computer (missing power supply)
  • Boxed US Music Synthesizer
  • Atari 2600 adapter (system changer)

Atari 8-Bit

• Lots of boxed and loose games. Ask for current list.

IBM PCjr

• Demon Attack cartridge (loose)
  • Pitfall II cartridge (CIB)
  • River Raid cartridge (CIB)
  • various other boxed PCjr games, ask for list.

C128D

• 128DCR (NTSC) in very nice condition with keyboard
  • Jiffy Dos installed (with on/off switch in back)
  • Drive select switches on back (select device 8, 9, 10, or 11)
  • SID chip resistor mod so voice samples play at the correct volume

Apple IIGS

• ROM 01 Apple IIGS with monitor, keyboard, and mouse (battery replaced and works

I'm noticing that too when you're not logged in. Says topic is locked.

Anyway... listed my Model III on eBay Saturday night and it sold the next day for $348. Now you know what they're worth Matt! ;)

And it only took you three years to sell yours. :P

In all honesty, it depends on the condition and number of drives and memory. The price range seems to be $150-$400 and everything in between (seriously, these things are all over the place). Then again if I wanted to pay ebay prices, I would have bought one off ebay. I'm more than willing to wait for one that I can trade/deal for. It's not like they're rare or anything.

I know the second I get a new one mine will come back from being fixed. Oh well, then I'll have a spare I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<< THIS ONE >> Was a real good deal. He even had a MAKE OFFER on it, but it expired. I'd keep an eye on it to see if it's re-listed. Better yet, contact the guy and make an offer on it now.

I wanted to buy this one myself, but alas I have no room for one and really do not need another old system to shovel money into.

Hi Tempest,

I do have two of them... Neither are 100%, though. One has 80-track drives, but the OS expects to boot off 40-track, so I have to make custom boot disks for it. The other one I need to check, the power supply may have gone.

Do you like to do repairs or do you want 100% working out of the box? :)

It would probably cost upwards of $100 to ship one is the thing...

Edited by R.Cade

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I've passed on a few from places that were too far away like California. I'm also being somewhat picky since TRS-80's aren't all that rare (unlike something like a Sorcerer) so I've also passed on some that required major repair (dead monitors, or disk drives). I just don't have the skills to repair them.

I've been offered a 4P. Oddly enough they don't seem to go for nearly what a regular 4 goes for, any reason for this? Other than the smaller screen and missing cassette port I'm not really seeing a down side to the 4P.

Not really, other than the Model III ROM having to be loaded off disk and the lack of a cassette port (which doesn't let you plug in an amplifier and get sound/speech in the games that support it). I like the 4P, but I think many TRS-80 fans prefer the original Model I design for nostalgic reasons or the all-in-one look/ergonomics of the III and 4 (for me it's the latter).

Not really, other than the Model III ROM having to be loaded off disk and the lack of a cassette port (which doesn't let you plug in an amplifier and get sound/speech in the games that support it). I like the 4P, but I think many TRS-80 fans prefer the original Model I design for nostalgic reasons or the all-in-one look/ergonomics of the III and 4 (for me it's the latter).

Yeah I like the III and 4's look over the 4P's for sure.

I never thought about the sound issue. For some reason I was thinking that it plugged into one of the other ports. That might be a deal breaker because some of the games had pretty neat sounds.