IGNORED

TI home office in Dallas

hloberg

Recent someone asked me to post a picture of the TI home office since I live down the street from it. The complex covers several blocks with many buildings. Oddly not one of the many builds is over five stories, not sure why. The buildings are a mix of architectural forms from the 70s on.

The picture is of the main building at the main gate where there is a stop light. Didn't want to be too obvious about taking the picture since TI is a big Defense contractor. I didn't want a knock from the NSA on my door. ;)

10982236_10204012599370549_4861968541651

• Like 3

There somewhere just off 69/75 I believe north of Dallas is where they had or have a factory. Maybe McKinny? I know that's were they did a lot of stuff, including the TI-83. My neighbor here in SE Oklahoma used to QA down there. And before that did their PCb etching... He doesn't know squat about the ti-99/4a though. Sad...

The main campus is at the intersection of Interstate 635 (the LBJ freeway) and state hiway 75 (which is know as the North Dallas hiway) in Dallas proper. We live across on the other side of 75.

When I was a kid my Dad worked for the DoD and did a lot of business with TI in that building. In fact that is where I got my 1st TI-99 was from the company store.

• Like 1

........ We live across on the other side of 75.

When I was a kid my Dad worked for the DoD and did a lot of business with TI in that building. In fact that is where I got my 1st TI-99 was from the company store.

... that is like to get the first communion from god, in person, eye to eye. great!

• Like 1

... that is like to get the first communion from god, in person, eye to eye. great!

:-D :-D :-D

Sad part, I never got to go with him to Dallas. We were living in Georgia (USA) at the time and I was still in school. He actually brought me several things from the company store. Anyone remember the TI Hangman hand held unit? I Still got it somewhere stored away. I don't remember if it still works.

Edited by hloberg

The main campus is at the intersection of Interstate 635 (the LBJ freeway) and state hiway 75 (which is know as the North Dallas hiway) in Dallas proper.

Central Expressway? I've never heard anyone call it North Dallas Highway. Granted I only got here in '91.

This HangMan ?

No, I wish i could find a picture of it. Mine is stored away in my parents attic (with most of our furniture) till we find a house.

It was about the size of a large calculator with a LED display. Kinda of a stripped down 'Speak and Spell' It had a couple other games, can't remember what they were.

Must been a horrible seller, I think dad got it for a couple bucks from the company store. Played a pretty good game of Hangman though. Had several hundred words stored.

Edited by hloberg

Nice pictures, and stuff.

All tho for history buffs, the real ti99 stuff was done in the old TI99 buildings down in Lubbock, Texas.

I visited those buildings a few times back in the day, and at one point there was actual TI FestWest around it:

lubbock7.jpg

More info and Pictures: http://www.texndixie.com/lubbock.htm

• Like 4

No, I wish i could find a picture of it. Mine is stored away in my parents attic (with most of our furniture) till we find a house.

It was about the size of a large calculator with a LED display. Kinda of a stripped down 'Speak and Spell' It had a couple other games, can't remember what they were.

Must been a horrible seller, I think dad got it for a couple bucks from the company store. Played a pretty good game of Hangman though. Had several hundred words stored.

Found it. It's called Mr. Challenger.

http://www.datamath.org/Edu/MrChallenger.htm

MrChallenger.jpg

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 1