IGNORED

Jet Set Willy

Asmusr

You're definitely on the right track - it has to look goofy. I think I like the black one best, but how would a white or slightly tan one look?

A few corrections: It's 2015 ;-) and RAM should be all upper case

nice, so i worked these others beta-(fixed :))-tests label :)

post-24673-0-97951700-1432417882_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-38941900-1432417892_thumb.jpg or post-24673-0-26603600-1432417895_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-75688300-1432417885_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-77985100-1432417888_thumb.jpg

;)

• Like 3

Ok,

i worked on the black label, on logo again and modified it to have a little bigger one as retroclouds suggested ;) now i think it could be an almost final version of this label... just some little details remaining

post-24673-0-34179200-1432464568_thumb.jpg

i also worked on the cover manual :) this is a beta-test :)

post-24673-0-40897000-1432464565_thumb.jpg

what you say ?

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

This version, which I once again believe is the final, fixes the following:

• Jumping into "Above the West Bedroom" no longer kills you
  • Ramps now work in "Rescue Esmeralda" and 4 other rooms
  • You no longer hear false items pick-up sounds (e.g. "The Watchtower")
  • You no longer get killed from being close to a guardian that is hit by an arrow
  • One pixel has been added to the maximum fall distance
  • The bed in "The Master Bedroom" is not longer 'spinning'

JSW.dsk

jsw.rpk

jsw3.bin

source-final-release.zip

• Like 10

I've experienced a few spinning beds in my time - usually sometime after midnight and a few (too many) beers - but I have to admit I hadn't noticed the one in Willy's mansion doing this. Mind you, he *is* supposed to be cleaning up after a party, so who knows?!

Edited by UKRetrogamer

Over at the Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner Community forum, Spider has just released the JSW 2015 Bug Fixed Edition.

This addresses all known issues in the original ZX Spectrum release, such as the Attic Bug, the possibility of a warp from Rescue Esmeralda to The Ballroom and another from The Watch Tower to The Off Licence. The new release also fixes a bug which hung the game if it was paused while Sinclair's Interface 1 was connected.

The way Spider tackles the invisible/unreachable object in The First Landing and the duplicate item in The Beach I find interesting. While they change the original's gameplay slightly, it's not enough of a change to damage the feelings of nostalgia I have for the original title.

Images for the new version have been made available for ZX Spectrum tape, +3 disk and even Microdrive.

Head on over to the Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner Community forum for full details of what's been fixed and for downloads.

http://jswmm.co.uk/topic/76-new-jsw-2015-bug-fixed-edition/

post-25357-0-95372100-1433026829_thumb.png post-25357-0-30162800-1433026832_thumb.png post-25357-0-29465500-1433026831_thumb.png

Edited by UKRetrogamer
  • Like 3

Back in the gool old days before ZX software devlopers sacrificed the vibrant colours for monochrome detail, this is something the TI users of the world should be thankful for, we also have a nice selection of vibrant colours at our disposal-just look at the dismal washed out look of the C64 palette to see what I mean.

• Like 1

"Spider" here. :D

I've been following this topic with great interest and thought it was about time I registered. I'm greatly impressed with Rasmus's work on this version. :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting the info regarding the 'Spectrum Bug Fixed Release' here its greatly appreciated. :)

If anyone has any questions about why I did fix xyz in a certain way please do not hesitate to ask, also anything about why the Spectrum version does xyz (the original not the bug fixed) and I'll try my best to explain.

Things like the 'Watch Tower' jump bug are simply because Willy can jump out of the top of that screen (unintentional I think) and the 'up' exit is undefined hence it sends you to the first screen aka The Off Licence. The fix for that was simply to lower the platform a fraction so Willy cannot jump high enough to exit the screen at the top.

• Like 4

Things like the 'Watch Tower' jump bug are simply because Willy can jump out of the top of that screen (unintentional I think) and the 'up' exit is undefined hence it sends you to the first screen aka The Off Licence. The fix for that was simply to lower the platform a fraction so Willy cannot jump high enough to exit the screen at the top.

Do we know that it was unintentional that you can jump out of the top? What else could be the purpose of having a platform at that location?

• Like 1

Do we know that it was unintentional that you can jump out of the top? What else could be the purpose of having a platform at that location?

I'd have to conclude this because its undefined hence you go to The Off Licence. The same can be seen if you fall through Entrance To Hades (either remove the sprite in the way or have immunity to it)

Perhaps the platform is intended as a trap of somekind, I'm not really sure. However if you think of a 'Watch Tower' there is nothing really above it as such. Unless there was planned a 'up in the air' type screen but that would probably not have a purpose. :)

I have to order some labels if Rasmus gives me permission to make some of them here. I then send him a sheet of labels so he can cover orders in Europe.

Sure that's fine. I'm not asking for any royalties and I'm sure you will keep the price reasonable (as always). I won't be selling any carts myself. I will probably want to fix a few more minor bugs before you produce anything final.

• Like 3

Sure that's fine. I'm not asking for any royalties and I'm sure you will keep the price reasonable (as always). I won't be selling any carts myself. I will probably want to fix a few more minor bugs before you produce anything final.

Awesome, assuming we continue selling through arcadeshopper I can fulfill European orders for a reasonable postal rate

Greg

• Like 1

Awesome, assuming we continue selling through arcadeshopper I can fulfill European orders for a reasonable postal rate

Greg

Greg, from USA should be always the same problem that could push up the price and the problems...

customs charges :(