IGNORED

Which console in your collection, game room, you own is your most favorite?

Hey gang!! I searched the forums to see if this thread has been discussed previously, but don't see anything. Which console in your collection do you enjoy the most? Your most favored? Or prized possession? For me. I have to go with the Sharp Twin Famicom. I bought it a few years ago. It was released in 1986 by Sharp Electronics in Japan as a two in one system and licensed ny Nintendo. It plays Nintendo Famicom carts and by sliding a switch underneath you can play Nintendo Famicom Disk System games. It works excellent and plays flawessley. I only have a few disk system games. Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Lost Levels), Doki Doki Panic, and Moero Twin Bee. Overall it is a fun and unique system. I always wanted one of these puppies and so happy to own one. What are your favorites everyone? :-)

post-32978-0-73048100-1431140884_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have to go with my TopLoading NES. Since I have a makeshift adapter for it, the combined NES and Famicom games just push it way over the edge. It has my favorite port of Galaga, quite a few early 80s arcade gems, and tons of landmark games. There are more games for it that I have (and want!) than any other console by a landslide. As much as I want to say something offbeat or even Super NES, none of them, imo, quite get there. Closest would be Commodore 64, though NES looks better and is more powerful, so even when the two share a game, I'm 9.9/10 times more likely going with the NES over the C64.

• Like 1

My favorite?
Define favorite.

The console on which I have the most games is the PS2. Tho, even if I have plenty of excellent games on it, I think I prefer the GameCube more, on which I have less, but more excellent games. Tho... I think I prefer the Atari 2600 more, specifically, the SuperCharger, that give juice to the system.
Yet it's a style of game I don't enjoy everyday; sometime I'm more up to the blocky wobbly PS1 3D and all those awesome early 3D adventure games.
Overall...

My favourite console is probably one that I can't play yet; the Bally Astrocade. It's probably the only one to be found in France, and it's a rare enoguh beast as a general matter so... gotta like the power of this retro beast.

https://youtu.be/mRQz9S6zUGU?

I have to go with Atari 7800. It has the feel of the 2600 that everyone had and is nostalgic for because it plays 2600 games and can use the same controllers. Put in one of Bob's 7800 games though and it brings me back to the arcade of my youth. I love it.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, probably the V.Flash. Not really because of the games on it, but because of what vtech tried doing with it.

It's about half way between the PS1 and PS2 in terms of graphical power, it had fully reversible controllers, and discs that were enclosed to keep them from being damaged.

• Like 1

I'm going with my 5200. I didn't have one back in the day but it's been pretty much my favorite system the last decade. Really enjoy it. That said, my 7800 probably gets more play time.

My favorite?

Define favorite.

I don't know, the one you enjoy the most?

noun

1. 1.
    a person or thing that is especially popular or particularly well liked by someone.
    "the song is still a favorite after 20 years"
    synonyms: (first) choice, pick, preference, pet, darling, the apple of one's eye;
Edited by BydoEmpire

Well, my overall favorite is the Atari 2600. I have around 130 games for it.

Right now I have my Jaguar, 7800, Sega Genesis (With my 32x and Cd attached to it), Nes, and 800 hooked up. Out of the ones I have hooked up, it'd probably have to be the NES. I also play a lot of Jag because of Iron Soldier, and Zool 2. On the NES I love SMB 3, Kirby's Adventure, Donkey Kong, and Ice Climber. Been playing a ton of that.

Magnavox Odyssey with complete collection, cib

Tiger game.com with complete collection and modem, cib

Nokia N-Gage with complete collection and full version of d/l only game Payload, cib

Atari VCS with 30 games from completion, 90% CIB

Milton Bradley microvision with 3 games from completion, cib

I enjoy all above the same

Edited by high voltage
  • Like 1

I have to go with Atari 7800. It has the feel of the 2600 that everyone had and is nostalgic for because it plays 2600 games and can use the same controllers. Put in one of Bob's 7800 games though and it brings me back to the arcade of my youth. I love it.

Bob has done outstanding work on the games! Totally agree. Like I mentioned in another thread/post. If it was 1984 when he did all of this. I had a strong feeling the 7800 could have blown the competition away. Most underappreciated system in my honest opinion. Is that your 7800 in your avatar? That red is awesome looking on it.

• Like 1

Bob has done outstanding work on the games! Totally agree. Like I mentioned in another thread/post. If it was 1984 when he did all of this. I had a strong feeling the 7800 could have blown the competition away. Most underappreciated system in my honest opinion. Is that your 7800 in your avatar? That red is awesome looking on it.

Thanks. Yes that is my 7800 inspired by some painted 7800 consoles Bob did.

I don't play it the most, but my Dreamcast is my favorite.

It's starting to become pretty cliche to dote on the Dreamcast, I think, but it was the first new console I was able to buy for myself. It was primarily where I was introduced to online gaming through Quake 3, PSO, and Alien Front: Online. It gave me my first tastes of homebrew. I loved the arcade games on it, the fact that the modem was packed in and it had 4 ports for great Power Stone matches. I still think the look of it all is pretty cool and was a demarcation point between consoles looking fun and looking like ultra modern VCRs. I really just enjoyed everything about it's launch, marketing and actually owning the thing. I had one of the best Christmases ever with it and my cousin. He had Quake 3, which I'd only ever played on PC a few times at a friends house, and we dug in and did pretty much nothing else.

• Like 1

My Genesis/SCD/32X. Add the fact that I can still use the Power Base Converter, and it encapsulates everything wrong/right with gaming when I was growing up in the 90's.

I only have a model 2 Genesis. The Genesis is a sweet machine! A 4 in 1 machine with all the peripherals if you have a model 1. My favorite system from the 4th generation and my 4th ever. Outstanding library as well!

This is a tough call between these three:

1) My 4MB Atari STe + UltraSatan combo (grew up with the ST and this set-up is beyond my wildest dreams)

2) Commodore VIC-20 + Mega-Cart (my parents had a VIC that packed up before I was old enough to fully remember it so this machine is something of a lost experience from childhood)

3) My home-built PC (did it last year and, even though it's made from cheap/used parts, the pride and satisfaction I feel from putting it together and keeping it going is hard to top)

Turbo Express. It's just pure magic. The first time I saw it it really blew me away and I still look at it that way :D. The tft-matrix display was a really cool feature back then. Too bad the library isn't really my taste. The most used system is a modded ags-101 modded gba at the moment, but the turbo express is something that will never leave my (smallish) collection.

^^^ Sweeet TI-994/A set-up!!!! :love: :love:

Anyways currently for me,my favorite console at my place atm is my recently acquired Sega Master System.
First time owning one,but always wanted one. Always loved the SMS design which still holds up to today's
modern console designs imo.

• Like 1