IGNORED

Which console in your collection, game room, you own is your most favorite?

^^^ Sweeet TI-994/A set-up!!!! :love: :love:

Anyways currently for me,my favorite console at my place atm is my recently acquired Sega Master System.

First time owning one,but always wanted one. Always loved the SMS design which still holds up to today's

modern console designs imo.

I enjoy the SMS myself. I like the first model design. Streamlined look, and for some reason I like the little diagram that shows you how to set it up on the top of the system with the green LED light on top when powered. And the built in games. 1986-1987 models had Snail Maze, and 1988-1989 models had Hang-On and Safari Hunt. Then Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the model 2. That and the 7800 are my top 2 underrated systems.

• Like 1

I enjoy the SMS myself. I like the first model design. Streamlined look, and for some reason I like the little diagram that shows you how to set it up on the top of the system with the green LED light on top when powered. And the built in games. 1986-1987 models had Snail Maze, and 1988-1989 models had Hang-On and Safari Hunt. Then Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the model 2. That and the 7800 are my top 2 underrated systems.

Some of the model 1s have Alex Kidd as the built in game. There are also model 2s with Sonic the Hedgehog built in.

Not sure if that holds true for the US market, but definitely true in Europe.

My Master System has both Snail Maze and Hang-On.

As for which system is my favorite, it depends on the day. I know that's the cop out answer, but it's true. I have dozens of different systems in my collection, and there are games I really like or things I find interesting about each of them. I wouldn't own them otherwise.

• Like 1

Some of the model 1s have Alex Kidd as the built in game. There are also model 2s with Sonic the Hedgehog built in.

Not sure if that holds true for the US market, but definitely true in Europe.

You are correct. The PAL region systems do have Alex Kidd built in model 1 systems built in and Sonic for the second model. That was the last game released in North America in 1991. I know in the UK, other European countries, and South America the system lasted until the late 90's if I recall.

I don't think my Model 1 has a built-in game.

Did you turn the game on without a cart and push both buttons at the same time? It will activate Snail Maze if your system was built in 1986 or 87.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite has to be my Atari heavy sixer followed closely by my Coco 3 with the 512k Triad upgrade from Cloud-9

The Heavy Sixer is indeed my 2nd favorite console in my collection and my favorite 2600 system. Had it for almost a year. Found it in the wild at a retro store called Movie Trading Company. It was the bare system and for $60 Mint condition. It was In a glass case only there for a day or two. Immediately bought it, took it home, and cleaned it all up. And repainted the bezel with a paint marker. Plays fantastic!

post-32978-0-10927000-1432518710_thumb.jpeg