IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - May 9th 2015

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVision fans! :D

Today marks the beginning of a major pre-order operation for all upcoming Team Pixelboy games, and I just sent an e-mail to all my active customers to inform them of this (if you are one of my past customers, check your spam box, just in case!). I also installed a major remake of teampixelboy.com which I invite you to visit. The content is mostly the same, but I added images of the boxes (in the "project story" sections) and also new "media" sections with YouTube videos (when available). The whole site is now a bit more fun to browse through, in my humble opinion.

The money gathered via this pre-order effort will mostly go into paying homebrew programmers in the short term and also to pay for printing boxes a little later. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will reach my target in terms of collected funds. :)

I have divided all the upcoming releases into three groups, one for September 2015, another for Christmas 2015, and the last for March/April 2016. The games are listed below, and you may notice a few new games that I did not announce in the previous Team Pixelboy News Bulletin of April 7th.

SEPTEMBER 2015

New copies of old SGM games:

New releases: CHRISTMAS 2015 MARCH/APRIL 2016The new games are:

- Knight Lore : A classic isometric adventure game.

- King & Balloon : A MSX port of an obscure (but fun!) arcade game.

- Mystery Game #1 : You won't find this one on teampixelboy.com yet, because the name of the game hasn't been decided, and I have no screenshots to show. The game is being programmed by the guy behind Caos Begins, and the early demos I've seen indicate that this will be an adventure game along the general lines of Crystalis on NES, but simpler and shorter, as the author aims to make the game fit in 32K of ROM. The Super Game Module should not be required for this game, but that could change as development progresses...

- Mystery Game #2 : This one is not listed on teampixelboy.com either. The makers of Majikazo are working on this new title, and they won't even tell me what it is yet! All they were willing to tell me is that it will be a ColecoVision version (coded from scratch) of an arcade platformer, with a dual-player mode (whatever that actually means). The Super Game Module will be required.

- Another game may be added to the March/April 2016 lineup, but it's way too early to make an official annoucement, as I'm not sure it's going to happen yet.

I will present the "mystery games" in a future Team Pixelboy News Bulletin, as soon as I have something tangible to show, but I'm making them part of the pre-order operation now, because I believe they will be finished and released.

HOW THE PRE-ORDER OPERATION WORKS

If you are interested in pre-ordering any of the Team Pixelboy games listed, please read the following:

1) Let me know ALL the games you plan to purchase among those listed in the three groups above, so that I can have a clear idea of how many copies of each game I need to manufacture. My usual magic number for an initial run is 100 copies, but I can produce more than that to cover the demand if needed.

2) After you have contacted me, I will reply to you with an estimated price list of all the games. The prices do not include shipping fees. Once your games are ready to ship, I will contact you, and offer you the usual list of shipping options. Once you have sent the final payment (to pay the shipping fees) your games will be shipped.

3) You don't have to pay for all your pre-orders immediately (although if you do, it will be greatly appreciated). You can spread the payments over several months, and I will contact you once every month to remind you that there are games on your pre-order list which you have not yet paid for.

4) The given prices will be "best estimates" only. The final price tags of the games may differ by a few dollars and I may ask you to pay a small supplement together with the shipping fees as part of your final payment. If I over-estimate the price of a game, the difference will be applied as a rebate on shipping fees, if no other games have under-estimated price tags.

5) THIS IS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR TO CONSIDER BEFORE PLACING YOUR PRE-ORDER: The money gathered via this pre-order operation will be spent almost immediately to pay homebrew programmers for their work, and to pay other various expenses (like printing boxes) which means that I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK if you decide to cancel your pre-orders before your games are ready to ship. The September releases are not too far away, but you'll have to be patient for the Christmas 2015 and spring 2016 releases. You do have the option of pre-ordering and paying only on the official release day, but please keep in mind that the whole point of this pre-order effort is to gather some funds to pay for my production expenses.

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

• Like 12

Just want to mention that I have already received lots of replies to the e-mails I sent out a few hours ago, and the general response has been very, very encouraging so far. :)

I haven't replied to anyone yet. I will start replying to all e-mails after 6:30 PM tonight (Eastern Time).

Right now, I need to do some laundry, take a nap (because I woke up unusually early this morning, and couldn't fall asleep again) and then I have to work on the draft submission of the box artwork for Mecha-9 (which will be done by one of the guys associated to Studio Cutepet, just like the box art of Mecha-8 was) as I want to get that out of the way before I invest myself fully into the pre-order operation.

Many thanks to all who have replied so far. Hopefully many more will do the same over the next few days. :)

I've begun replying to people, but sorting out selected games and payment plans is taking a lot longer than I anticipated, because I need to take extensive records of every detail and I'm still figuring out how to structure those records. I expect things will speed up once I've got a system in place.

There's a thunderstorm in my area right now, and I prefer to have my PC shut down until the storm has passed. I will resume processing orders later.

Thanks again for all your support! :D

• Like 1

Hey-hey! There's an important detail I completed forgot to mention!

The first 50 people who will pre-order Super Pac-Man will receive a free Pac-Man tin candy box, like the one pictured below! :D

41qkvZKcVpL.jpg

I can't believe I forgot to mention it, with the box of 50 tin boxes sitting on the ground next to my computer desk! :P

• Like 2

Hey-hey! There's an important detail I completed forgot to mention!

The first 50 people who will pre-order Super Pac-Man will receive a free Pac-Man tin candy box, like the one pictured below! :D

41qkvZKcVpL.jpg

I can't believe I forgot to mention it, with the box of 50 tin boxes sitting on the ground next to my computer desk! :P

Will they be empty tins by the time they ship due to you eating it all :-o

• Like 1

hope im in the 50....

No worries, you are. :)

this preorder will keep you busy for the summer its a lot of works....

Well, it will keep me busy all day today, at least. For each e-mail I receive, I need to update two text files and a spreadsheet with lots of info, so I need to be careful and methodical.

Of course, but hey, the tin boxes are collectible, that's the important thing!! :D

I reached the 50th pre-order for Super Pac-Man last night. All the tin candy has now been "gobbled up". :)

As I write this, roughly 60% of the people I've contacted last Saturday have replied, and aside from a few expected underachievers (i.e. Jewel Panic and Space Shuttle) most of the games have somewhere between 50 and 65 pre-orders registered so far. Even the two mystery games passed the 50 pre-orders mark.

Thank you all for your support! :D

EDIT: Oh, before it slips my mind again, I've been informed by the author of the first "mystery game" that it will require the SGM. So that means both mystery games will require the SGM.

• Like 1

Kind of a bummer about Space Shuttle. As a closet space geek myself, it will be cool to have that game ported!

I never expected Space Shuttle to be a good seller, I'm publishing this one mostly to realize a personal dream of mine of having this game on the ColecoVision. :)

As for Jewel Panic, some are skipping it because they've had their fill of Bejeweled-type games.

But in both cases, the term "underachiever" is a bit exagerated, as both games already have 40+ pre-orders attached to them. :)

I'm definitely interested in jewel panic as its kid friendly & wife friendly. plus you personally worked on it. the space shuttle i'll be getting as well. the graphics are nice.

I'll be putting extra care into the manuals of Space Shuttle, to make the game as accessible as possible. Kind of important for a simulator like this. :)