IGNORED

Any Atari 2600 modders/fixers looking for a blank canvas?

Radio F Software

Greetings. I own a small number of Atari 2600 consoles, most of which in working order to some degree. I have one that is in need of repair (more on that in a bit), and while I could take/send it to someone who fixes consoles I thought I'd inquire here first just in case there's anyone as eccentric as I am who'd like to do a "special" job. I'll pay of course, PM me and we can work it out.

The Repair: The on/off switch is a bit gummy and it doesn't click, so I suspect this is the source of the problem. The console "turns on" and is able to output video and audio but it seems like the power switch has no effect on what power state the console is in. This results in the system being unstable and flickering, etc. I do not have a comprehensive background in console repair and modding, but my best guess is that a new set of switches is all it needs.

The "Special" Job: Go nuts with it. Literally. I want you to do whatever crazy things you've wanted to try on an Atari but haven't to this console. Make it light up. Paint it blinding neon green and pink. Put two cartridge slots on it. Put a spring-loaded eject button on the cartridge slot. Put extra switches on there that mess with the video output or glitch the game. Make it say Macho Man quotes when you turn it on. That's not an exhaustive list, just a point of reference to prove a point that anything goes. Basically, as long as you can restore the console to working order so that it plays games you can do whatever you want to it. Take the Pimp My Ride philosophy, dial it up to 11, and then double it.

I host a live gaming show every week and I would love to have something bizarre and unique to show off, especially if you can get the console to do wacky corruption things because then I can bring it out far more often. If you repair consoles and deal in games as a business or hobby I'll also gladly do what I can to send some more business your way every time we use it. Also just a reminder, this isn't a "do it for free and I'll plug you on YouTube" thing, I'll pay you both to fix the console and then to "fit" it.

I figure it's worth a shot to post here first before just taking it to someone local, since I know there's tons of unique talents all congregated here. :)

I've only recently begun posting here again so I do not have any recent Marketplace transactions or profile karma to back up my word, so instead here is my eBay profile that I've had for 10 years without any issues, hopefully this will suffice: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=twilightfoundry&ftab=AllFeedback

If you're interested in getting a "blank check" to try out some wacky ideas on, PM me and we'll figure out a deal! :grin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: I guess I should also provide a sample of the aforementioned show, again just so you know I'm real. :P We do games and geek stuff and sometimes we'll put together wacky imitations of popular things, like this fake Lootcrate: [CLICK]

And as far as games go we like to play weird stuff that people either hate or forgot about, like the ill-fated Game.com: [CLICK]

So the Atari 2600 I'm posting about would be something that lands perfectly in the middle of these two themes of ours.

Edited by Radio F Software