IGNORED

Need help with disk images

I know there has to be utilities out there to transfer files from Windows into ADAMEm DSK images. Right? I've spent the better part of the last day trying to find such a utility and it is escaping me. The closest thing I can find is the block editor in VirtualAdam, but that's obviously not a solution. I'd even settle for solid documentation on the format of an EOS floppy so I can roll my own utility (I have a lot of experience with this stuff on the Commodore platform).

So, someone slap me with a clue hammer and point me at the obvious utility I keep overlooking.

Thanks!

Payton

What kind of files are you trying to transfer? There are several utilities that will transfer files, but I'm not clear on exactly what you are trying to do.

I know there has to be utilities out there to transfer files from Windows into ADAMEm DSK images. Right? I've spent the better part of the last day trying to find such a utility and it is escaping me. The closest thing I can find is the block editor in VirtualAdam, but that's obviously not a solution. I'd even settle for solid documentation on the format of an EOS floppy so I can roll my own utility (I have a lot of experience with this stuff on the Commodore platform).

So, someone slap me with a clue hammer and point me at the obvious utility I keep overlooking.

Thanks!

Payton

What kind of files are you trying to transfer? There are several utilities that will transfer files, but I'm not clear on exactly what you are trying to do.

Thanks for the reply. I want to transfer programs that I write in Assembler over to ADAMEm. You know, cross compiling. I don't care if the tool is gui or command line (would prefer command line capable so I can script execution with MAKE).

Ah, OK...I defer to NIAD...sounds like he's got you covered.

Thanks for the reply. I want to transfer programs that I write in Assembler over to ADAMEm. You know, cross compiling. I don't care if the tool is gui or command line (would prefer command line capable so I can script execution with MAKE).

• 7 years later...
2 hours ago, mr_gw454 said:

Hi NIAD,

I know this is an older post, but do you still have the same information handy?

Thanks!

There are numerous old school ways to transfer files from a PC to the ADAM, but it all depends on what you have available on your end for the conversion process. You can use "The ADAM Connection" for transferring EOS files, 22Disk for transferring CP/M files and even non CP/M but then use the ADAM CP/M 2.2 programs ADAM.com and CPMADAM.com to transfer CP/M files to EOS and vice versa. DCOPY.com for MS-DOS, etc., etc. These methods require that you have a 5 1/4" FDD on both the PC and the ADAM.

With the advent of SD Drives for the ADAM like the ADAM Drive Emulator (ADE), FujiNET ADAM and MicroFox VDD, you can place your files on a disk image on your PC, copy the disk image to the SD Card and then place the SD Card in the ADAM SD Drive to use on an ADAM. The best program for this is the Windows program ADAM Image Manager v1.1.1.4 by Eric Pearson that I have attached for you to download.

Check out this directory on the ADAM Archive: (AdamArchive.Org) - The home for everything ADAM

ADAM Image Manager Setup 1.1.4.zip

• Like 1