IGNORED

A perfect fit

Rolo

I just have to show you this.

It's like made for one another. Genuine late seventies design. Wood grain and dark brown plastic. Great design. :thumbsup:

post-32856-0-35388000-1431204160_thumb.jpgpost-32856-0-56500800-1431204192_thumb.jpgpost-32856-0-93962700-1431204203_thumb.jpg

That's the tv-set:

post-32856-0-29364200-1431204152_thumb.jpg

And look at that remote control. Simple and self explaining:

post-32856-0-26135700-1431204715_thumb.jpg

:) Regards

• Like 7

The borders on a PAL Intellivision are much bigger.

really? The borders are that huge? Is that on all tv or just the game systems? Or just intv? Is this also why some people post pics of there 50" high def tv and most of the screen is a giant green border? Edited by pimpmaul69

pretty cool tube tv. Is it normal to have the game screen so small?

Yeah, it's an unchanged PAL-tv-set. I did not tweak the potentiometers :). Which you could easily do on most of those old tv-circuits. I think, we all did that on our Atari SM-124 monochrome monitors, didn't we?

This tv-set was our regular everyday tv, until four weeks ago, when we jumped into the flat screen age :-o. Now I'm not sure, if I'm happy or sad. That tv-set has been used for some 30 years...

Thank you all for your support and your nice words! Now I know I'm not completely mad, others are too :D.

I cannot simply dump that tv-set! It would be an act of barbarism.

NTSC and PAL screens.

yeah thats a lot of green. Now i know ntsc on hi def flatscreens is almost all the way to the top and bottom of the screen. I've seen pics where the game looks like a 24" screen in the middle of a 50" screen where the rest is all green border. Is this common to pal?

yeah thats a lot of green. Now i know ntsc on hi def flatscreens is almost all the way to the top and bottom of the screen. I've seen pics where the game looks like a 24" screen in the middle of a 50" screen where the rest is all green border. Is this common to pal?

It's because PAL has more horizontal lines than NTSC. So, with the same output of lines from the Inty the picture on a PAL tv is smaller. AFAIK it was planed to use a special PAL video chip in a PAL Inty II. But this never happend.

I just have to show you this.

It's like made for one another. Genuine late seventies design. Wood grain and dark brown plastic. Great design. :thumbsup:

attachicon.gifIntellivision01.jpgattachicon.gifIntellivision02.jpgattachicon.gifIntellivision03.jpg

That's the tv-set:

attachicon.gifGrundigTVSet.jpg

And look at that remote control. Simple and self explaining:

attachicon.gifRemoteControl.jpg

:) Regards

And maybe a Ford Ranchero 1978 to go with it? ;-)

hvP24vI.jpg

• Like 5