IGNORED

Ms. Pac Man Twin

thursday83

The NES Tengen version has 2 player cooperative and competitive modes IIRC. Nice work though.

As do the Genesis (Tengen) and SNES (Williams) versions. I think the Genesis one was a port from the NES, and the SNES from the Genesis...

I've heard, but am not sure, that the NES port (Tengen's, not Namco's) was done by Franz X. Lanzinger (who coded Crystal Castles). Anyone know if this is true?

The NES Tengen version has 2 player cooperative and competitive modes IIRC. Nice work though.

As do the Genesis (Tengen) and SNES (Williams) versions. I think the Genesis one was a port from the NES, and the SNES from the Genesis...

The aforementioned console ports feature only one set of dots; there are two different simultaneously present colored sets featured in Ms. Pac-Man Twin. ;)

• Like 1

Hey Guys!

Thanks all :)

@lynxpro: If you have the 'small dot' version of PMC, you already have the ability to have the opposite player play as a monster:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/190980-pac-man-collection-pokey-with-small-dotsis-it-possibleattn-pacmanplus/?do=findComment&comment=2448145

Bob

• Like 3

Some time ago taking inspiration from Ms. Ghost (an Atari 2600 hack made by Krytol in 2003) I started to make a 7800 Ms. Pacman hack in which the player controls a monster, eating dots and running away from the hunting of four Ms. Pac Man (essentially reversed roles).

You'll notice that the Ms. Pac Man animation is a bit faster, this because I was able to use only two sprites unlike the arcade version and 7800 original that both have 4 frames and 3 different sprites.

I just have to refine some details.

INKY (WIP).a78

INKY (WIP).bin

post-29074-0-08952800-1433041829_thumb.png post-29074-0-48597400-1433041843_thumb.png

post-29074-0-55387100-1433041859_thumb.png post-29074-0-67269500-1433041871_thumb.png

• Like 4

Off the bat, Inky looks fantastic as does the Cherry graphics update!

The Ms. Pac-M(e)n look insane with their super fast animation...Awesome job!

Not sure if it is part of the refinement details still needed, or even if it can be modified giving the nature of palette sharing and the role reversal; however, the banana is 'Inky aqua' - in the status area only. It is still yellow in the maze though. :)

Absolutely love my mind fighting the understanding of Inky being the 'good guy'. More than a few times I had to remind myself - I am playing as Inky, not as Ms. Pac. ;)

• Like 1

Bob,

have I ever told you that your Pac-Man Collection and Space Invaders Collection have been the reason of my actual passion for the 7800? :)
When I was not yet a AtariAge user, I was amazed to see those two incredible collections, I remember that I wondered what were the authors to discover that the author was unique for both games! :)

This new update for Pac-Man Collection / Ms. Pac-Man Twin is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much, Bob.

Marco

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1