IGNORED

Ms. Pac Man Twin

thursday83

Bob,

have I ever told you that your Pac-Man Collection and Space Invaders Collection have been the reason of my actual passion for the 7800? :)
When I was not yet a AtariAge user, I was amazed to see those two incredible collections, I remember that I wondered what were the authors to discover that the author was unique for both games! :)

This new update for Pac-Man Collection / Ms. Pac-Man Twin is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much, Bob.

Marco

Thank you, Marco - that means a lot to me.

...Although you might have me confused with Opcode regarding the Space Invaders Collection. Mine was just Space Invaders - only. He had the Space Invaders Collection. ;)

(Both Opcode's PMC and SIC are leagues better than anything I could have done; his PMC runs arcade code even!)

Again - thank you very much for the compliments... :)

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Thanks 1

...regarding the Space Invaders Collection. Mine was just Space Invaders - only.

Moving Shields, No Shields, Zigzagging Laser Bombs, No Laser Bombs, Fast Laser Bombs, Invisible Invaders, 4 color scheme, one or two players and two different two-player modes!

And 320 mode with 0.9 NTSC / 1.0 PAL pixel aspect ratio!

"Just Space Invaders - only"?

Bob, you really are too modest. Allow me to call it at least Space Invaders _Compilation_! ;)

Thank you!

od9mDH.png

vcYCWy.png

Yaox9Z.png

• 4 months later...

I think that's what it will end up being: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/149672-how-to-create-custom-7800-pacman-hacks/?p=3340666

If not for the simple reason that I can get all of the information needed to make an accurate port; something I can't do for the Ms. Pac-Man Twin arcade game (because all of the roms aren't dumped, there are no gameplay videos, and it's looking like none of it is going to happen any time soon). :(

Thanks,

Bob

Not sure yet - It depends on the AI. Currently, the AI searches for blue monsters first, then fruit (if there are no blue monsters and the fruit is out), then energizers, and then just random movements if there is nothing left. That's how the 'attract mode' AI works (which is where I got it from).

I'd rather have the computer player AI be somewhat intelligent; IE running away from the closest monster.

All that being said, I haven't started on it yet, as I owe Defender_2000 the version of 'Ms. Pac-Man After Dark' that contains the outside wall visible, and I'm also working on a board game -> video game conversion of my own.

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

Being that "Ms. Pac-Man Twin" is taking so long to dump that last eprom (I understand that there are only 3 of those games in the world - so far found), maybe we should change the game to this:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=339951&page=0&view=expanded&sb=9&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

It's already in MAME (so I can get all of the rules), and it's by Namco, so it's an official version!

galgame2_0009.png

galgame2_0008.png

galgame2_0001.png

I think that's what it will end up being: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/149672-how-to-create-custom-7800-pacman-hacks/?p=3340666

If not for the simple reason that I can get all of the information needed to make an accurate port; something I can't do for the Ms. Pac-Man Twin arcade game (because all of the roms aren't dumped, there are no gameplay videos, and it's looking like none of it is going to happen any time soon). :(

Thanks,

Bob

Official version? Bob, this is great news! :-D :)

post-29074-0-64464200-1445355923_thumb.png

Edited by Defender_2600

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately - there can be no more progress on this version until more is found out about the arcade version and/or the last eprom is dumped. :(

Someone mentioned that the board might not end until *both* players finish their dots. It's things like this that are preventing me from finishing this game.

Until we know more... :ponder:

Bob

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately - there can be no more progress on this version until more is found out about the arcade version and/or the last eprom is dumped. :(

Someone mentioned that the board might not end until *both* players finish their dots. It's things like this that are preventing me from finishing this game.

Until we know more... :ponder:

Bob

I totally get it Bob...however...Really want to thank you for what you have given us thus far...I am having a BLAST with it!!!!

Considering all three known copies of the game are a little different from one-another, it's probably best to choose a path 'in spirit' rather than try for a near-exact port. Really. doesn't seem like it would be possible, all things considered.

As for the 'end level', my thought would be that when one player finishes his maze, he earns a bonus based on the other player's uneaten dots at the end of each level. Cue Super PacMan end of level music!

• 5 years later...

Sorry to necrobump, but I just saw a video in my YouTube feed that they are now emulating Ms. Pac-Man Twin successfully in MAME.

So, that means I can finally finish the 7800 version.  I've already noticed a lot of differences between mine and the arcade...

I need to finish Galaxian first, though... :ponder:

...Ms. Pac-Man seems to have had some collagen implants for this version. :ponder: 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 18

On 2/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, PacManPlus said:

Sorry to necrobump, but I just saw a video in my YouTube feed that they are now emulating Ms. Pac-Man Twin successfully in MAME.

So, that means I can finally finish the 7800 version.  I've already noticed a lot of differences between mine and the arcade...

Looks like I built this just in time:

2p0p5G.png

There can never be too many versions, bootlegs, variants, sequels and/or clones of PAC-MAN! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Defender_2600 said:

I guess you are referring to the green color of the bow and lipstick, of course the red color cannot be used for both sprites, however I think green is not bad at all.

For me, I actually was referring to the size of the lips in this one:

Are you ready?

I think my version will have the standard sprites...

Also, interesting that they used the original Pac-Man shape for this, and not the Ms. Pac-Man shape (yes, they are different) :P 

Wait, does that mean it's Pac-Man in drag?

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8