IGNORED

Interest Check: IMAGIC Foil backed overlays

I must be missing something. Everyone seems to keep saying they can get the originals on the cheap.

I bought out Game Over Video Games store in Houston, TX last november, all of their Intellivision overlays at $.50 a piece. So yes, they are cheap. And I got several different Imagic titles overlays - even though I don't have the games to go with them.

Edited by Arenafoot

I think the point here is, you can collect them individually if you want to spend a lot of time doing so, but wouldn't us collector types rather have a cool boxed set with all brand new overlays for every game?

I know that I personally would!

I think the point here is, you can collect them individually if you want to spend a lot of time doing so, but wouldn't us collector types rather have a cool boxed set with all brand new overlays for every game?

I know that I personally would!

I think this above is what some people are missing here. This would not be ideal for someone who just wants overlays to play the games. I would go as far to guess that 90% plus of the people interested in buying this already own all the original overlays. This is just a cool collectable item that comes in an Intellivision box that you can put with your collection. It's a collectable that is new and fun and "can" also be used :) Kind of reminds me of when people complain about homebrews costing $50-$75 saying they can buy a pile of common games for that price or just play free games on emulation...yes you can, but that takes the collectable part out of the equation, and collecting is a LARGE part of this hobby. New and fun collectable stuff is really what keeps hobbies like this going strong. When people stop making these kinds of things, the hobby suffers...

• Like 3

Box Update!

I wanted to give you guys a quick box update. Since it's hard to show foil in a picture, I made a small video:

Here are a couple stills:

post-9874-0-99736600-1432732609_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-03068700-1432732616_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-21240400-1432732622_thumb.jpg

In short, I decided to do a composite box: Foil front & ends and black on the back all in the Imagic look. Again, you can see I'm not able to print "white" text on the foil box, but it look good to me.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 4