IGNORED

My nes keeps blinking with new 72 pin

Agreed. I've used tech grade alcohol and high grade chamois swabs and rubbed a bunch more oxidation off after cleaning with q-tips. Still had problems.

Got hardcore with hemostats, Scotch-Brite and Deoxit without taking the carts apart. Much better results. An "ink eraser" should be abrasive enough to get the job done. The advantage of the Deoxit is that it reduces future oxidation.

Well almost all the games I purchased were from a friend and the games were sitting in a hot humid attic for nearly 11 years. And when I look at the games it does look like there oxidation on the some of the carts. I use to just use a nail filer on my carts to scrape the small layer of oxidation of the games but I stopped doing this cause I didn't know if it would do more harm than good in the long run. But you could be right I could try different methods to see if its just oxidation before I spring to other methods.

Don't scrape the games unless it's a last case scenario.

There are options out there to mod both tyes of NES. I use a modded top loader but it's because I had the top loader. I got it new and kept it all these years. Modding them can be tough because the picture has to be adjusted to reduce jailbars.

A cheaper option would be a 72 pin connector that doesn't bend. The ZIFF design is flawed. Blinking Light Win is a new mod that just got kickstarted but there are cheaper options.

I'm going to throw my two cents in, as I recently modified/cleaned my NES so that I could play light gun games. I did snip the lockout chip pin. Frankly, as you've read in other places, it didn't help very much. I ended up cleaning both my NES connector and my carts with rubbing alcohol and 600+ sandpaper GENTLY! That did the trick. If you use the sandpaper take it slow, rub gently, until the black comes off of the contacts, no more. If you do this too vigorously you can rub the metal off and ruin the cart/pins. Once everything is clean, you shouldn't have any more blinking issues.

and 600+ sandpaper GENTLY!

This is the route I take for any carts that are giving me trouble. Has always worked well for me. I've only started using alcohol recently simply because I've been getting lazy (it takes longer and requires more effort to sand the contacts).