IGNORED

Funnelweb

Gazoo

Since there is some recent interest in Funnelweb and some here are looking at the source, I have a request.

When the Editor or DiskReview jumps back into the Funnelweb menu, they are jumping back to a particular address in the >E006 to >FFFF range. I've been unable so far to figure out exactly what the 'return to Funnelweb' address is. If anyone finds it, could you please let me know?

I have another evil cartridge plan in mind. :twisted:

Thanks,

Gazoo

• Like 2

... but only if it's 80 columns.

What part of FWB does not work in 80col? -- The Editor, I been using 80col for very long time in Classic99 with Fwb, and it works just great.

Only one problem, SD (show directory, freezes the emulator) up. For hacks I have in classic99 '80 column enabled' and '128k hack' but F18A disabled and my FWB80 loads up files fine and saves them ok.

Attached in screenshot as proof, count the 'chars' in classic 99, you will see.

post-25991-0-22755100-1431660852_thumb.jpg

You're only interested if if fits in your big want bag? Tony has done a lot for tiers and your gonna say "only if it tickles my clit"?

What have you ever done DB? Nada?

As rude and as crude as I've come to expect from you... and yet you have the gall to call me a D.B.? Seriously dude, get off the booze, drugs or whatever you may be on, or at the very least grow up... and LEAVE ME ALONE. I certainly have no interest in the likes of you, so it's back into the ignore list. I really have no clue why you like to pop up every few months and make personal attacks, but it's getting really tiresome, not to mention PATHETIC.

While I may only be interested in 80 column stuff, that does not mean others feel the same way. So, feel free to jump to conclusions, read into things whatever you want, and feel free to keep stalking me all you want.

Please consider getting some counseling and possibly a life too.

post-35324-0-26523800-1431661213_thumb.jpg

For you to say you'd be interested if it fits your wants but otherwise pehh...makes you a DB. Considering the fact that your contributions have amounted to nothing but making copies of OPW speaks volumes.

Just taking up for someone I'm confident would take up for me and pretty sure thinks the same.

You got no talent and offer nothing but forum skilz. Gfu Ah.

Wanna prove me wrong the put a bit of effort into making something other than a pair of sucking fish lips. JA.

Since there is some recent interest in Funnelweb and some here are looking at the source, I have a request.

When the Editor or DiskReview jumps back into the Funnelweb menu, they are jumping back to a particular address in the >E006 to >FFFF range. I've been unable so far to figure out exactly what the 'return to Funnelweb' address is. If anyone finds it, could you please let me know?

Thanks,

Gazoo

Not sure if this is the entry point you are looking for:

CMSRET EQU  >FF5C    Menu re-entry

There is also another

*  Re-entry address pointer

FWRENT EQU  >FF9C

...lee

80 Column FW was fantastic, BUT ONLY if you had the 128K of VRAM or more 162K VRAM like in the TIM card.

16K of VDP is just sad and pitiful in 80 Columns after you used FW 80 Column the way it was designed to be used.

Thanks,

Gazoo

Some of this will be found in the source, the other information is located in the McGovern's excellent documentation.

From what I recall the 7-bit and 80-column versions of the editor stuff the FW re-entrant code into VDP RAM. The 8-bit 40 column editor has to reload from disk, which means it may be the best source to review for your magic quest, since it most likely has code to preserve the mail slots and other memory locations required for bouncing in and out of FW itself.

(As an aside the most likely option for a working F18A funnelweb version is to modify the 40-column 7-bit version. The 80 column version is very heavily dependent upon the VRAM buffers and will likely be extremely difficult to port. The 40-column version however has the potential to be tweaked and if needed, the return to F'web could be handled similarly to the 8-bit 40 column.)

80 Column FW was fantastic, BUT ONLY if you had the 128K of VRAM or more 162K VRAM like in the TIM card.

16K of VDP is just sad and pitiful in 80 Columns after you used FW 80 Column the way it was designed to be used.

Yes, of course. It still 'is' fantastic, not 'was'. :)

Well loading a single source file of 740 sector DV 80 file made it much more easy to Assembly then looking through 12 files looking for the place I needed to change.

Similar to using Classic99 with text files on PC without all the conversions to get them into the GPL Assembler.

I loved working with huge DV 80 files as using the FW search function was a big help in FW 80 columns with 162K of VRAM.

Honestly 16K 80 Column looks nice, but is so freaking small in files size it is actually more work than it is worth.

What part of FWB does not work in 80col? -- The Editor, I been using 80col for very long time in Classic99 with Fwb, and it works just great.

Only one problem, SD (show directory, freezes the emulator) up. For hacks I have in classic99 '80 column enabled' and '128k hack' but F18A disabled and my FWB80 loads up files fine and saves them ok.

attachicon.giffwb80.jpg

I would like to see it. Could you please post the version you're using and let me know which file to run? Thanks, Rasmus.

Well loading a single source file of 740 sector DV 80 file made it much more easy to Assembly then looking through 12 files looking for the place I needed to change.

Similar to using Classic99 with text files on PC without all the conversions to get them into the GPL Assembler.

I loved working with huge DV 80 files as using the FW search function was a big help in FW 80 columns with 162K of VRAM.

Honestly 16K 80 Column looks nice, but is so freaking small in files size it is actually more work than it is worth.

Exactly! That's how I use it, you lose track of what's going on with a bunch of small source files. It's 192k of VRAM, though. Don't short yourself on that valuable commodity. :)

Gazoo

• Like 2

FWB.dsk

Step 1: make the Funnelweb editor load as a set of EA5 files, not have to load any other files, and quit to the title screen.

Done. :)

Gazoo

EDIT: File re-uploaded, key unit set to 5 to enable return from ShowDirectory.

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 3

attachicon.giffwb80.jpg

I think you'll find that ShowDirectory doesn't actually lock up, it just shows a garbled screen. If you press ctrl-equals, you're returned to the editor. I believe this has something to do with Classic99 refusing some of the VDP register writes and the VDP paging is getting messed up. A look at the debugger window shows where the VDP register writes are refused. I also noticed in Classic99 the absence of the bottom 'ruler' in the editor.

I've tested my current EA5-only hack on my real TI to make sure it works properly. It seems to work ok in MESS, also.

Gazoo

Hi Gazoo,

can you tell me with which parameters you start the Mess ?

(Which RamCard, which additions a.s.o.)

Maybe interesting for my Mess-Starter-Batch....

Thanks

Ralf

I have 2 TI versions that I use, the 80 column TI version and the SGCPU version. They both load from my G: drive.

The batch files for each are listed below.

G:
CD \MESS
MESSui.exe TI99_4ev -peb:slot8 hfdc -peb:slot6 speech -peb:slot3 hsgpl -peb:slot2 evpc -hard1 G:\mess\disks\TI-Zip-Drive.hd -hard2 G:\mess\disks\harddrive.hd -natural
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TASKKILL.EXE /F /IM MESSui.EXE
G:
CD \MESS
MESSui.exe TI99_4P -peb:slot8 hfdc -peb:slot5 horizon -peb:slot4 speech -peb:slot3 hsgpl -peb:slot2 evpc -hard1 G:\mess\disks\TI-Zip-Drive.hd -hard2 G:\mess\disks\harddrive.hd
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TASKKILL.EXE /F /IM MESSui.EXE
For the Geneve I use this one:
G:
CD \mess
messui.exe geneve -peb:slot8 hfdc -hard1 G:\mess\disks\harddrive.hd -hard2 G:\mess\disks\TI-Zip-Drive.hd -peb:slot6 speech -peb:slot4 horizon -peb:slot3 tirs232
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TASKKILL.EXE /F /IM MESSUI.EXE
  • Like 2

What about in FW using the SAMS as the buffer for FW 80 Column in Classic99 or on hardware using the F18 card?

It would be even faster I think as RAM is one hella faster then VDP for editing or searching.

But thinking about this would be a big rewrite of FW 80.

Hi Gazoo,

oh, very interestinginginginginginging

(sorry, have some echo on my DSL-line :)

thanks a lot.

What version are you using, that you have this "MESSui.exe" ? (that I down´t know....)

Maybe a GUI-tool, as you seem to have to stop it after leaving the Mess...

Don´t you use any -CARTridges, do you assign them later, or maybe do you use your RamCards for that ?

schmitzi

Hi Gazoo,

oh, very interestinginginginginginging

(sorry, have some echo on my DSL-line :)

thanks a lot.

What version are you using, that you have this "MESSui.exe" ? (that I down´t know....)

Maybe a GUI-tool, as you seem to have to stop it after leaving the Mess...

Don´t you use any -CARTridges, do you assign them later, or maybe do you use your RamCards for that ?

schmitzi

No cartridges, they're on the HSGPL. I can change that while the emulator is running, but hardly ever need to. I have all the cart software I use all the time on the HSGPL.

The current version of MESSui is 1.50, I think. MESSui only gets updated at a major number, like 1.40, 1.50, or 1.60.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 2

What about in FW using the SAMS as the buffer for FW 80 Column in Classic99 or on hardware using the F18 card?

It would be even faster I think as RAM is one hella faster then VDP for editing or searching.

But thinking about this would be a big rewrite of FW 80.

It seems to me as if all the editor functions would be slower. Instead of just scrolling through VDP where the file has been placed, you would need to load a small part of it at a time from RAM to VDP, check if the part you need to alter is there (maybe do this a number of times), then write that back to RAM from VDP. And yes, it would be a massive effort to try to alter the Funnelweb editor, I've been looking at the code a lot recently for this cart project.

To me it seems that the TI trailblazers had the right approach when they designed the 80 column cards, they included the necessary RAM in the design. We have the SAMS cards for other things, there's no reason not to expand in both directions. In fact I have the newest iteration of the SAMS design and have been slowly populating the board as I've got a few ideas for that, too. :)

Gazoo