IGNORED

Looking for Falcon Speed Manual

I was able to score a Falcon Speed 286 Processor board off ebay recently. I tried looking for a scan of the manual but I was unsuccessful in my search.

Does anyone here know where I can get a hold of the manual for this cool little beastie?

So you are the guy that beat me out!! :)

Atariage user Dan Winslow was the seller of that Falcon and Speed 286. I got the Blow-Up II he was selling. I had the original Blow-Up way back when and figured it might be interesting to muck around with again.

He sure had some good loot for sale.

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to score a Falcon Speed 286 Processor board off ebay recently. I tried looking for a scan of the manual but I was unsuccessful in my search.

Does anyone here know where I can get a hold of the manual for this cool little beastie?

Did you end up having any luck with this request, Grizaptimus? I recently purchased a Falcon and when I opened it up to upgrade the hard drive, found one of these cards in it. That tipped me off as to what one of the many installed software packages was, but a manual would still be usefull.

• 4 weeks later...

As I have a Falcon Speed (sad enough it seems to be damaged), I can look, if I find the manual. For sure I have some software versions. Latest was 6.30 if I remember correct.

You will need DOS and if you want to make use of the Falcon power (high resolution) you need Win 3.1(1) and the special Falcon driver to have 800*600 at 256 colors or even more, if you own a real multiscan monitor. That was really cool back in the days, to have higher res than original IBM PC ;)

Edited by pps

I had a look and the manual is located.

It's complete German version, but maybe after scanning and ocr it might be translated via your most beloved digital assistant.

Tell me, if the I should start scanning...

Atariage user Dan Winslow was the seller of that Falcon and Speed 286. I got the Blow-Up II he was selling. I had the original Blow-Up way back when and figured it might be interesting to muck around with again.

He sure had some good loot for sale.

Got some more stuff to go yet, too. I seem to have started a rash of falcons so I am waiting for that to die down before I put some more up. I also have a bunch of other odds and ends, 2 64k ATR8000's, a bunch of 8 bit things, nothing too super exciting tho.

Ok, will try to scan it till the weekend. The software is highly needed to get Falcon Speed to work and maybe we should ask at Sack Elektronik GmbH (ok, think they're gone now) for a permission.

Hi, I think you can post the software here, its only usefull for people who own a Falconspeed upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Short update: I managed to backup all the systems discs I own (v 5.00, 6.20 & 6.22). The German manual is scanned, but the ocr is not done yet.

I try to get in touch with Sack Electronic GmbH, as it seems they're still alive. Maybe we can have a official go to put all the things online.

So be patient. Hope to get answer soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Falcon Speed is a pretty cool card. You want the later soft REV, allows you to boot from various partitions, something limited in the first REV.

WIN 3.1 (for whatever reason) works great. Found DOS the most useful, the DOS version of CADKEY worked perfect.

Here's another "I Think", I have the manual scanned, but it's on a computer that is pretty burred ATM.

Been digging around, will keep this post in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

I also bought a Falcon that had one of these installed. It didn't come with the manual but there are some files on the hard drive for configuring it.

There was:

1. Falspeed accessory: appears to boot into 286 emulation.
  2. Falspeed program: also boots into 286 emulation (this one is modified by the program below).
  3. Fls_inst program: this changes the settings for the board, allowing various aspects of the emulated PC hardware to be changed (including the TOS to DOS partition mapping).

This appears to be at version 5.0 or 5.1, depending where you look.

I haven't got the DOS>TOS partition mapping to work yet. I'm not sure if this needs to have the partition type changed or not but will try this out at some point.