IGNORED

How long have you been a member, remember Atari Nexus?

san-d-2000

I remember the Atari Nexus and when AtariAge was under construction. And RGVC (usenet) before that. Good times.

I miss RGVC. The newsgroup auctions were especially fun. I scan it every so often and there are very few signs of life, spammers don't even bother. Although, the Kenneth Martin Dolan guy is still active!

atarilovesyou

Member Since 6 May 2005

I just clicked over the ten year mark. In recognition of such a feat (and not getting banned over the time period), I was preparing a giant flotilla of retro games, naked boobies and fireworks. In the end, I slept in and missed the whole friggin' thing. I tells ya, though, the naked boobies woulda been GREAT.

I have no idea what Nexus was, other than it sucked up an aging Capt Kirk back in 94 and made him enjoy chopping wood.

This was one of the very first communities I got involved with after purchasing my own computer, and it's a great place. I can come here and ask just about any question (Atari related or not) and get answers. For that, and for naked boobies, I SALUTE YOU!

I promise, for the 20 year mark, the naked boobies will be back in force.

No, that was Greg Chance's videogames.org site.

I remember the Nexus well; I came to Atari2600Nexus.com just about every day after school (AOL dial-up FTW!) when I was in high school, although I wasn't a member. I was still very early on in my collecting and still in my I-want-to-read-everything-I-can-find-about-this-stuff phase. I remember coming on one day and suddenly it was now "AtariAge" and I kind of thought, "WTF? That's new." Didn't join until 2003.

Anyone remember Zlatka The Game Girl at Atari2600.com?

I recall a retro game site back in 96 that had pics of Grover...it was based on a timeline of sorts, and I went there to read about Colecovision stuff. Could that have been the site you guys are talking about? I don't remember there being any toilets...it was a long time ago, mind you. The plumbing may not have been installed yet.

I remember reading some forum posts during that time where people were quite concerned about hardware failures of their ADAMs, the chips and such. They were really worried about how they would carry on after the malfunctioning chips started to die out. Well, almost 20 years later, I guess it never became the huge issue they thought it would be. All my retro systems still work flawlessly; well, they work very well, how about that. They're old, but they're not "old and want to die" old :D