IGNORED

Tape games on eBay

Opry99er

That sucks, Jon...

Yep, I just emailed him via Ebay. Just for kicks, I tried one of the tapes. The audio was bad. More hiss than normal. I couldn’t get it to read for the life of me after a dozen adjustments. Tried one of my originals, and it read ok. It’s a nice desktop Optimus tape recorder with tone control and everything, and works on other tapes just fine.

Yep, I just emailed him via Ebay. Just for kicks, I tried one of the tapes. The audio was bad. More hiss than normal. I couldn’t get it to read for the life of me after a dozen adjustments. Tried one of my originals, and it read ok. It’s a nice desktop Optimus tape recorder with tone control and everything, and works on other tapes just fine.

My guess is since he cannot just load and then re-save a lot of these tapes, he is just dubbing them over. Wonder if he actually tests them.

I sent him six return requests for the six games via eBay’s return functionality. He then sent me a private message saying to just return them. I sent him a message back asking him to go through eBays return system proper. If we are gonna do this, it’s gonna be the right way.

Edit: He made me a partial refund offer of $2.50 per tape. That’s like $15 when I spent $40 something on the auction. I declined his partial refund request and Ebay notified me I can get them involved as of 3/1. So just hang on until then?

Anyway, just watch this seller as he’s not being upfront and honest.

Edit 2: After I declined his offers, he refunded me in full for all six, so we are good.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2018 at 1:39 PM, adamantyr said:

Several of those were Asgard releases:

Rattlesnake Bend

Witches Brew

Wizard's End

Castle Darkholm

Zoom Flume

Oliver's Twist

I have all of them and the manuals.

On the Loose came with the Adventure Editor, along with June Lake and Knight Ironheart. The latter was written by M. Weiland himself and is probably the hardest adventure I've ever played. Even studying the code didn't help.

I got stuck in On the Loose, did you ever finish it? Something about a key and a ball in the dogs mouth.