IGNORED

What a thing of beauty! If only it was for the TI and not Amiga!

Omega-TI

To get something << like this >> for my TI! It would be... PERFECT!

Isn't that drive enclosure just beautiful? Small, elegant and not overbearing or ugly.

DSCN6001.JPG

This is exactly what I've been looking for (but with the ability to add the appropriate cabling for the TI).

Even if I had to modify the P-Box to supply power to a small external drive case this would be fantastic.

With the DSDD 80 track device in the pipline... A man's gotta have dreams, right?

• Like 1

I've got exactly that for my TI as DSK3. Plugs onto the back of the TI disk controller. Got it from Mike Dudek.

COOL! I wonder if MDUDE has any more? drooling.png

If he doesn't , I just might have to see if they are willing to sell just the case and cable. I could put on the required connector for the drive myself as well as modify the case for an external power jack.

same same (from Mike), but another treasure I think :)

/tech-EDIT/

014350 Series 5 Drive mit Mitsumi D359M3D

PowerSupply Bantan: 5V 1A 8W AP05M-US 110V / extern IEEE1284 parallel / Cable 473708? IEEE1284 1x25pol

post-41141-0-89277200-1432136439_thumb.jpg

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 2

... you can always repurpose an external enclosure from the TRS80 computers.

like this one:

HERE

I did it and have a 3.5 and a 5.25 drive in it. works great.

Chris,

That's a very good idea. I'd probably go that route if I was not so cramped for space. Being that my system has to be configured as a tower due to that very same lack of space, I'd like to get something small to set on top that's not so obtrusive.

i ended up getting some used external scsi tape drives and reporpoiseing them for my external drives.. and on my geneve I have a dual scsi bay that is holding my 40meg mfm drive and the 3.5" drive:

IMG_20150519_140319.jpg

I had two of them on the geneve at one time but found this dual enclosure so i have those spare now.

Greg

Hi Gazoo,

perfect thing :) Is it all running with the standard 5 / 12 Volt from the PC´s powersupply, or did you have to make changes on that ?

schmitzi

Standard PC power supply, no changes to power supply or cards

• Like 2

Any more and we will need special clearance.

Built in cassette player... That is all you need now.

I've got a better idea, take out the EZ135 drive and install another CF port. Connect that to an MP3 player to play the files into the CS1/2 port to load the files.

Better yet, is there such a thing as a 3.5" drive bay MP3 player?

I'm not going to do that, way too slow. But a neat and doable idea. :)

Gaz

Check out this bizarre thing

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2012150700061?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=201215070006&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

One of the System/34s in my high school lab had a similar device but for 8" floppies. It held a "magazine" of I think five or six floppies and you could select between them. It was cool to watch it spit out a floppy, move the magazine, and pull in a new one.