IGNORED

Boom!

Boom! is a small game I wrote as another sample program for 7800basic, anyone is free to use any of this code for any of their projects or hack it into something else. Please steal this code! ;)

The basic gameplay is similar to Activision's Kaboom. There are 5 levels that get progressively faster, once you're on level 5 the speed doesn't change. There is no paddle support, use your joystick to move the bucket(s) back and forth. Your bucket will wrap to the other side of the screen when you reach the edge, it makes it a bit easier to get to bombs on both edges of the screen. You start with three buckets, if you miss a bomb you will lose one. You get 10 points per bomb caught. Once you've lost all 3 buckets you will go back to the title screen and your current score will be displayed. The screen was mapped with the Tiled application, I included the tmx file in the zip file as well as all the graphics files you'll need to compile it.

Enjoy!

Edit: I updated the zip file a few hours after I posted it as I found a bug - I wasn't resetting the bomb counter so when you restarted the game you'd be on the same level you ended the previous game on. It's been fixed.

post-2143-0-52026300-1432670146_thumb.png

post-2143-0-96115000-1432670147_thumb.png

post-2143-0-29212300-1432670149_thumb.png

post-2143-0-58449900-1432670150_thumb.png

boom15.zip

• Like 12

Haha, thanks, but no. And yes, I know I sent him one and he most likely used it, but people do not know if the ROM runs in an emulator or real hardware.

If you want to see a real hardware developer at work, watch the youtube videos in this thread. Kevin is a madman.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/231812-neshd-a-1080p-hdmi-mod-kit/

Keatah, this game won't run in Stella as it's only for 2600 games and this is a 7800 game. I'd recommend downloading the latest version of MESS, it is the best and most accurate 7800 emulator available right now. You can get it from mamedev.org, and I have instructions on my website on how to set up the command line version of MESS in windows to run 7800 games.

Edit: The .bin file in the zip is for running it on real hardware with an MCP devcart or the Cuttle Cart 2, the .a78 file is for running it in an emulator.

Haha, thanks, but no. And yes, I know I sent him one and he most likely used it, but people do not know if the ROM runs in an emulator or real hardware.

If you want to see a real hardware developer at work, watch the youtube videos in this thread. Kevin is a madman.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/231812-neshd-a-1080p-hdmi-mod-kit/

You do some amazing work, CPUWIZ, don't sell yourself short. :) I checked out the link you shared and I agree... what Kevin has done is incredible!

Hmmm...Maybe someone can make a few changes - buildings into Palm Tree tops, make the background all black, Crook into Monkey, Barrels into person and you have Coconuts.

post-18-0-52108500-1432783538_thumb.png

It utilizes the joystick and you are avoiding instead of catching with less falling, but at a quicker clip and faster ramp than Kaboom.

Could call it NUTS! instead of BOOM!

:ponder:

• Like 3