IGNORED

cheapest model of 2600

mrromine

• 1 month later...

I'll also say a 4-switch woody/vader. The Heavy Sixers will go for a lot of money usually, but you can always get a reasonable price on any of the 4-switch models. Like Retrogamer said, the junior would probably be the most affordable, but definitely was made cheaper. I should know; I've owned all variants of the 2600.

Also you can get a 7800 for backwards compatibillity and you can play both 7800 and 2600 games.

Edited by HP Atari King of Michigan
  • Like 1

I've never owned a heavy sixer or a light sixer. But I have heard that the video quality is better then the rest of the 2600 consoles. Can anyone here confirm this? And is it always the case?

I've been wanting to add a H6 to my collection for a while now.

• Like 1

I've never owned a heavy sixer or a light sixer. But I have heard that the video quality is better then the rest of the 2600 consoles. Can anyone here confirm this? And is it always the case?

I've been wanting to add a H6 to my collection for a while now.

Here is a video comparing the 6 switch vs 4 switch. The color palette and video quality is still the best on the Heavy Sixer. Like all of us mentioned. If you want to look for and buy a H6 on ebay. Be prepared to break the bank. Bare systems go for $100, $200-$500 for system, controllers, and games, and $1,000 for one with the original chess piece box plus games. A bare Heavy Sixer should cost no more than $60. I truly love my Heavy Sixer and never regret buying it. Light Sixers are still great systems. Same thing but the video and picture is not like the Heavy Sixer. These should cost no more than $35-$40 for a bare system. I have all the console variations and work flawlessly, but most of my gaming is on the 4 switch woody.

http://youtu.be/rQitehRncGg

Edited by Retrogamer81081
  • Like 1

My Jr only cost me $30. That was with the power adapter, RCA cable/Radioshack adapter, two joysticks, and a game. It depends on where you get it. I've seen some brick and mortar stores sell 2600s for less than $50 and others that sell them for way more. Seems people can't decide how much they should go for.